Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So... what happens if you fail the APFT?

I thought you DC guys had to pass the APFT to be commissioned.

Comment

Some units will make you PT test EVERY DRILL until you pass. You'll be the one showing up an extra 2 hours earlier than everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Some units will make you PT test EVERY DRILL until you pass. You'll be the one showing up an extra 2 hours earlier than everyone else.
        I second that one... My commander is like that, he just holds a PT test every single drill until the soldiers pass it

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          This would be preferable. Get rid of my flagged status ASAP (if it comes to that). I can get in shape in a month, no problem. Well, really two and a half weeks. Despite my current physical condition, I am actually quite the hooah recruit, and had planned to be in Ranger PT shape by spring.

Comment

You can try and see if someone will administer one during the weekday for you. This isn't uncommon.

Comment

Sir, you'll get some **** for it, but it's really not a big deal. A flag only matters if it's preventing you from awards or promotion and that's not the case right now. People will disagree, but don't sweat it.

Eat well and alternate two minutes of push ups and sit ups to failure every other day and, when it comes down to the run, **** it up, deal with the pain and go until you puke and then some. Pass the APFT, or come close, in two minutes per day.

Comment

See this:

http://www.thrillist.com/nation/crossfit-office-workout

Been there and done that in my office when I'm short of time to PT. I lock the door and go to work. That's just one example of stuff you can do to get ready. As far as running, take the OC approach and double time everywhere you go. It will help with small gains...

Comment

As a fellow direct commission officer, I understand your plight completely. The weird thing about the Army is that DC officers already have a re****tion based soley on the fact that we did not go through a traditional commissioning source. Have a private conversation with your commanding officer, and tell him you are willing to take the test with the others as scheduled, but would prefer a "diagnostic" rather than "for record". Tell him you would like to gauge where you are first, rather than fail a PT test outright. If he is a good leader, he will at least listen, and consider how it will affect your military career.

Best of luck to you!

***Not sure why the word REPUT@TION is blocked... LOL"

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRN View Post
                    ***Not sure why the word REPUT@TION is blocked... LOL"
                    Because the four letters that were blocked mean something bad in Spanish. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRN View Post
                      Have a private conversation with your commanding officer, and tell him you are willing to take the test with the others as scheduled, but would prefer a "diagnostic" rather than "for record". Tell him you would like to gauge where you are first, rather than fail a PT test outright. If he is a good leader, he will at least listen, and consider how it will affect your military career.
                      This was going to be my suggestion as well

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKhan View Post
                        Because the four letters that were blocked mean something bad in Spanish. :-)
                        HAHA, I didn't even notice that until you said it. God this forum is great. I love the random blocks of words.

Comment

forum jacking further, I dont speak spanish. explain por favor? (totally looked that up)

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart View Post
                            forum jacking further, I dont speak spanish. explain por favor? (totally looked that up)

que quieres que te explico?

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                              que quieres que te explico?
                              a la bibliotecha los pantelones por favor!

Comment

La guitarra del muerto esta comiendo los ardillos in mis pantalones que estan enfuego.

Comment

Working...
                                X