X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Murph workout

Okay so I've posted in other threads that we have assigned PT for OCS 3 days a week, and two days a week we have to come up with our own, for a total of 5 days PT, two days off per week. This week the Murph is one of our assigned work outs. I wanted to posted it here and see if anyone else feels like taking it and posting their times. I'm going to be doing it tonight or tomorrow, and will post my time as well.

Do these exercise in order, take rests as you need but dont stop the timer, you're doing it all as quick as possible.

Do this for time:
    1 mile Run
    100 Pull-ups
    200 Push-ups
    300 Squats
    1 mile Run

Re: the Murph workout

Wow, looks like CrossFit on steroids. Might have to pass on this one as I'm sure 6 months isn't a very good time!

Comment

You should see me know Quantum, I'm all grown up from the time we shared PMs until now. From completing phase I ocs, to running 5.5 miles or more at a time... 100 burpee pull-ups at a time, etc.

I'm no muscle man, but I've got the mental drive to finish it and the physical endurance is catching up

Comment

Outstanding! Glad to hear all is well!

I hit the gym every day, even though I **** going there. (Im not very social when I'm working out.) Keep me posted on your crazy workouts, I'll try them!

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
          Okay so I've posted in other threads that we have assigned PT for OCS 3 days a week, and two days a week we have to come up with our own, for a total of 5 days PT, two days off per week. This week the Murph is one of our assigned work outs. I wanted to posted it here and see if anyone else feels like taking it and posting their times. I'm going to be doing it tonight or tomorrow, and will post my time as well.

Do these exercise in order, take rests as you need but dont stop the timer, you're doing it all as quick as possible.

Do this for time:
          1 mile Run
          100 Pull-ups
          200 Push-ups
          300 Squats
          1 mile Run
          Sounds great but where are the situps?

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes
            Sounds great but where are the situps?
            I would be more than happy to guide you through how an atomic situp is done.

...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816
              I would be more than happy to guide you through how an atomic situp is done.

...lol.
              Eh I've seen it and done it such a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes
                Eh I've seen it and done it such a waste of time
                Hahaha. We've all either fallen victim to it or at one point could have fallen victim to it in our earlier years of service....

Comment

Lets just say that your in a s s crack canyon at that point

Comment

Working up to the murph later this week, I tried our other workout for the week:

800m run
                    100x pushups
                    150x situps
                    200x squats
                    800m run

I hit at 30:24

Comment

Working...
                    X