X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90X tips for frequent traveler?

I'm hoping to start BCT in late November or early December, and I'm considering using P90X to get me in good shape beforehand. My problem is that I travel extensively for work throughout the fall, so I'm not sure if I can do all of the exercises in a hotel room. I know I could buy water weights for the ******** exercises, but I'm not sure if there is a good alternative for the chin-up bar. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: P90X tips for frequent traveler?

can get the chin bar and the bungee cord. Put the chin bar up in the doorway, then take the bungee cords and loop it thru the chin bar for a support. Goto town champ

Comment

You can actually use those elastic bands for all the exercises they do. If you havent seen the videos, they show modified forms for performing the workouts all at the same time. The bands can get pretty strong. Im not sure what your size is, but what the bands lack in resistance, you an make up for by doing more reps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-O
        You can actually use those elastic bands for all the exercises they do. If you havent seen the videos, they show modified forms for performing the workouts all at the same time. The bands can get pretty strong. Im not sure what your size is, but what the bands lack in resistance, you an make up for by doing more reps.

yeah, the problem that I had was finding a place where to loop the bands at like they do with some of the exercises

Comment

I found that looping them around the bumber of a parked semi at the hotel worked... and the running back and forth to/from the room to make sure I was doing program took care of the running/sprinting part But since I have not done P90X officially (or unofficially for that matter) I tell you this because I stayed at a Holi Inn Xpress last night

Seriously, you can find the friction pull-up bars at any retail store to use in the hotel room bathroom doorway (simple, easy to pack, not always the best - but cheap). As to wieghts/resistance - water wieghts are better than nothing and pack easily - the only real option you have is the bathroom dorrway or the bed-frame for the resistance bands.

Some Hotel chains have better work-out rooms that could help - the Sooper6 may not.

In the end any excersise is better than no excercise... use imagination and the DVDs and you should be fine - Do not forget to have a running program as well!

Comment

Using the resistance bands, you don't have to worry about looping them around anything. There's a loop that goes over the bands that allows you to put it at the top of a closed door (basically a loop w/ a knot). Another option that you have, although a bit more expensive is the TRX (fitnessanywhere.com)

I have them both, because it's great to have options when traveling or when the weather changes. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X