Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS on shipping day

I enlisted on Apil 13, 2010
    I had to get a medical waiver for high blood pressure, i got 3 good reads from a Dr. And the waiver was approved. I went to the Dr the other day because i thought i may have broken a bone,just when i seen the nurse grabbing the blood pressure machine, i could feel my heart pumping faster for fear of it being high. Well you guessed it, it ended up being high. My question is when i goto meps on August 31 when i ship to OSUT, i know they do a quick physical again, what will have if my BP goes over the 140/90 range? Because i know its going to jump up a bit because i know i will be a little nervous and all. Im hoping like **** that they will let me ship.Any info... Is appreciated.

Re: MEPS on shipping day

Originally posted by Gforces
    I enlisted on Apil 13, 2010
    I had to get a medical waiver for high blood pressure, i got 3 good reads from a Dr. And the waiver was approved. I went to the Dr the other day because i thought i may have broken a bone,just when i seen the nurse grabbing the blood pressure machine, i could feel my heart pumping faster for fear of it being high. Well you guessed it, it ended up being high. My question is when i goto meps on August 31 when i ship to OSUT, i know they do a quick physical again, what will have if my BP goes over the 140/90 range? Because i know its going to jump up a bit because i know i will be a little nervous and all. Im hoping like **** that they will let me ship.Any info... Is appreciated.
    You got the waiver, so It shouldn't be an issue. You will be monitored throughout basic and AIT probably, but waivers are made for a reason. Good luck with everything!! Stay positive, being nervous is a good thing, it shows you care about what your going to do and that you don't want to fail.

Comment

I can totally relate to you man. I'll start off with words of wisdom I got my from civilian boss when I mentioned meps and blood pressure: "DRINK A FREAKIN GLASS OF WATER ALREADY".

Not the most helpful but good for a laugh. Anyways, when I was at meps I didnt end up needing a BP waiver because about 10 of us went in for BP and about 8 of us failed. They were really cool about it and actually ended up taking my blood pressure 6 times (far more than they were supposed to).

On the last one i could feel my heart just jump and start pumping hard, I physically heard my heartbeat in my body. But I came in at 138/72 or so.

So I passed..... I just kept the attitude of "I'm in now, it doesnt matter. I'm good to go" then I had to see a doctor for other reasons. He took my BP and I'm at 120/65. Another time 122/80. So for me it looks like it was mostly mental.

Believe me. I had a home BP machine and all that jazz for meps...totally freaking out... now I come up good. My suggestion is for you to keep up your special diet (if any) drink water, and take that attitude and relax. You got a waiver and you're in.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I feel much better now knowing that I will ship.

Comment

Working...
        X