X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running shoes

i know somewhere in this forum there is a thread about running shoes so i apologize ahead of time for this. i need to buy a new pair before i leave for bct. am i aloud to keep them or will i be required to buy a new pair at the px? i buy mine at an actual running shop and having someone who knows what i need in a shoe helped alot in my pt. just do not want my knees and feet to suffer at bct if it can be helped. thanks again. jason.

Re: running shoes

Unless things have changed since summer of 2009, no matter what you bring with you, your happy *** is going to be ordered to buy a new pair of generic running shoes at the PX. I'd keep a decent pair of running shoes that you actually like, though; you'll be able to use them in AIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyodaniel
      I'd keep a decent pair of running shoes that you actually like, though; you'll be able to use them in AIT.
      This may vary depending on training site, company and drill sergeant staff.

Comment

This thread says that we are required to buy generic shoes from the PX at BCT, but another thread says if someone has foot issues, they should get and take insertable arch supports or buy professionally fitted running shoes....I happen to have both. I have great ($$$) running shoes but also fiberglass (hard) arch supports.

Am I allowed to either, both or neither to BCT? Or does it depend on where I go (Ft. Jackson)

Thanks!

Comment

if you're going to Action Jackson... bring your own running shoes. if they are new looking and quality running shoes you'll be allowed to keep them, most likely. but, it kinda depends on your NCO at reception.
          if you are asked to purchase shoes, they will be good quality shoes, not generic shoes.
          i took a new pair of Asics 2150's and was allowed to use them during BCT & AIT.
          yeah and bring your arch supports.

Comment

Fort Knox requires you to buy shoes there.....pretty much everything you bring with you gets locked up

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
              if you're going to Action Jackson... bring your own running shoes. if they are new looking and quality running shoes you'll be allowed to keep them, most likely. but, it kinda depends on your NCO at reception.
              if you are asked to purchase shoes, they will be good quality shoes, not generic shoes.
              i took a new pair of Asics 2150's and was allowed to use them during BCT & AIT.
              yeah and bring your arch supports.
              Great, I was hoping so; my running shoes are excellent quality and I have to replace them every 6-12 months (due to running) so they always look (relatively) new. They have a good high arch, so I prefer them (no shin splints!)

Glad to hear about the arch supports; my boots are prefectly comfortable for 12-14 hours with those in.

Worse case scnerio, they store them until I'm done..

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X