X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Feet.

Ive just recently went to meps and when I was done looking at the dr. chart I saw that I have a slight flat feet, wich makes sense because everytime Im running I feel this excruciating annoying pain in my ankles and knees and it ***** cuz I know I have good cardio (I bike 10 miles everyday no problem) yet I cant f**king run ! any recommedation for any special shoes or something?! Please I really need help with this, lol.

Re: Flat Feet.

Originally posted by IIN3RDYII
    Ive just recently went to meps and when I was done looking at the dr. chart I saw that I have a slight flat feet, wich makes sense because everytime Im running I feel this excruciating annoying pain in my ankles and knees and it ***** cuz I know I have good cardio (I bike 10 miles everyday no problem) yet I cant f**king run ! any recommedation for any special shoes or something?! Please I really need help with this, lol.
    I have slightly flat feet too... just get those inserts that create an arch... its by dr. Schols or something like that. They helped me alot

Comment

Thanks ! Ill deffinantly try them, I'm guessing I can I buy them online.

Comment

Better yet, go to a specialty shoe/running store and get properly fitted shoes. Inserts will help but if you put them in crappy shoes they're pointless.

Comment

I bought a pair of inserts that you bake in the oven to soften, and then you insert them into the boot and put the boots on your feet until the inserts cool. They mold to your feet. Pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRN
            Better yet, go to a specialty shoe/running store and get properly fitted shoes. Inserts will help but if you put them in crappy shoes they're pointless.
            I would go with this. Just make sure they actually pay attention and do a real look at you. I went to one smaller running store and told them about the pain I was feeling. They took two seconds and told me I needed super high arch shoes with ultra support, etc. I dropped about $110 on them and they only made the problem worse. Worse by far. I could hardly walk one day from pain.

So switched it up for some vibram five fingers and I alternate running in those and my standard Asics without the mount everst level of support.

Comment

Roadrunner sports. If you have one near you , is plainly the best place to get fitted for the RIGHT shoe. Which makes all the difference.

Comment

You know in the old days they used to disqualify for that.

Comment

thanks everyone!!, My 2 mile run is close 13:00 it still hurts a LOT but ehh oh well.

Comment

Working...
                  X