X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skinny on nutrition

Thanks Mertztr. That is simple enough for me to follow. Also easier than no carbs.

Comment

I gave this same advice in a one sentence form back on post #5, and now you get it? Maybe your name should be Old and Stuborn Guy!! No Respect I tell ya... No Respect....

Comment

Ok I have an update if your interested.

I believe I lost a good amount of weight and then leveled out on the no carb diet. That can/will happen with any diet, no fault on the low carbs. I have gotten off of the eliptical machine and hit the pavement for my runs. I feel great and the weight started coming off again. What a difference between running in-doors and outdoors. I was doing forty minutes a day on the elip/tread mill but I had trouble runnin 3 miles on the pavement, plus my times were slow running for real.

I've been eating carbs and do feel better. My strength training routine has improved. I have noticied it's much easier to cheat when eating carbs in your diet. Gotta watch the calories.

Keep training and stay healthy!
        Old guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old guy
          Ok I have an update if your interested.

I believe I lost a good amount of weight and then leveled out on the no carb diet. That can/will happen with any diet, no fault on the low carbs. I have gotten off of the eliptical machine and hit the pavement for my runs. I feel great and the weight started coming off again. What a difference between running in-doors and outdoors. I was doing forty minutes a day on the elip/tread mill but I had trouble runnin 3 miles on the pavement, plus my times were slow running for real.

I've been eating carbs and do feel better. My strength training routine has improved. I have noticied it's much easier to cheat when eating carbs in your diet. Gotta watch the calories.

Keep training and stay healthy!
          Old guy.

Okay...

First I am happy you are back on carbs. 800 cals is a dumb idea to say the least. Actually dropping below 2000 is. Those kind of diets are crap and I am not afraid to say so. If you want a HEALTHY diet for you, talk to a nutritionist. They can formalize a diet customized to your lifestyle and your needs.

Water, water, water will be your friend. Cut out stuff you dont need: smoking (if you do), fast food, donuts, sodas, candy, and alcohol (yes i said it) I never thought I had to "diet" just wanted to improve my diet. I cut out pizza and changed nothing else and lost 10 lbs.

Okay, about running. Run on a track or dirt if you can. Your body will thank you. Pavement tends to be much harsher on joints. The elliptical also works with you. There is not compression of foot to ground causing transfer of force and energy. Running on ground, you are responsible for propelling yourself forward, something not required of machines.

Take Home Message: Water, run on dirt, never give up.

Comment

Working...
          X