X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obstacle Course

Hey does anyone from Northern VA know of any public obstacle courses?

Re: Obstacle Course

Originally posted by Stephan3838
    Hey does anyone from Northern VA know of any public obstacle courses?
    Interstate 81?

Comment

Thats wrong but good but wrong.

Comment

If it is anything like Arizona, open to the public obstacle and confidence course opportunities will be few and far between. Liability being the primary reason.

That being said see if there is a local Parkour group, the should be able to fill you in on any field expedient solutions as well as any courses.

Comment

Playground, rock climbing center (ymca, etc)....

Comment

This may sound funny to you... But try Parkour, or Freerunning. It is all about using your balance and different objects to help you reach a certain spot. It will help your upper body strength and it's actually alot of fun. Find some friends and see whose best. It becomes very challenging... just don't try to be a pro and jump from building to building

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini
              This may sound funny to you... But try Parkour, or Freerunning. It is all about using your balance and different objects to help you reach a certain spot. It will help your upper body strength and it's actually alot of fun. Find some friends and see whose best. It becomes very challenging... just don't try to be a pro and jump from building to building
              Bingo! I'm a free runner myself. Its alot of fun and you start to look at everything as an obstacle waiting to be conquered. I live in Phoenix, Arizona so there are not any public obstacle course with the exception of your run of the mill kids playground.

OP the key is to start small and work your way to larger obstacles when you are confident enough. The flips and tricks are fun and sexy but not really necessay if you are just looking to climb and bound. Get ready to be chased by security guards!

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut
                Get ready to be chased by security guards!
                HAHA, I used to work in the mall so I know alot of the guards in the area.. They don't mind me running around and jumping off stuff so it works out.. I even have a few of them doing it with me now.

Best places to start in my opinion are parks with jungle gyms and all the kid stuff like slides... It's all mixed together and gives you a chance to jump on and off of without killing yourself since its small.

If I'm ever in the Zona I'll look you up SGT!

Comment

Working...
                X