X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper rest form for APFT

Just wondering if someone can post a description, link, or video for the proper rest formation for the pushup. Thanks.

Re: Proper rest form for APFT

Originally posted by JonTheBaptist
    Just wondering if someone can post a description, link, or video for the proper rest formation for the pushup. Thanks.
    They will do their best to make you understand at basic....

Until then..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nZBx00BMWo

Comment

One DS used to smoke the crap out of us by saying the following repeatedly while correcting bad form: "arch your back... sag in the middle..."

In layman's terms... when you "arch your back," your knees can't be bent in a way that support most of your weight. When you "sag in the middle," you can't let your knees touch the ground.

From FM 21-20: "An altered, front-leaning rest position is the only authorized rest position. That is, you may sag in the middle or flex your back. When flexing your back, you may bend your knees, but not to such an extent that you are supporting most of your body weight with your legs. If this occurs, your performance will be terminated. You must return to, and pause in, the correct starting position before continuing. If you rest on the ground or raise either hand or foot from the ground, your performance will be terminated. You may reposition your hands and/or feet during the event as long as they remain in contact with the ground at all times. Correct performance is important."
      Last edited by chd; April 4th, 2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I've never felt like that was a resting position at all, it always just saps more energy. I just try to bang out as many pushups as I can before having to use that.

Comment

Originally posted by M-T
          I've never felt like that was a resting position at all, it always just saps more energy. I just try to bang out as many pushups as I can before having to use that.
          That is why it is the "rest" position.

Comment

Working...
          X