X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatine

Does anyone take it. I know your muscles only burn Creatine monophosphate for about 1 to 2 minutes before switching to anaerobic respiration so I was wondering if it would do me any good.

Re: Creatine

Originally posted by RandyB
    Does anyone take it. I know your muscles only burn Creatine monophosphate for about 1 to 2 minutes before switching to anaerobic respiration so I was wondering if it would do me any good.
    Aren't you trying to put weight on???

Comment

yes, it makes you hold water in your muscle so would help with weight gain.

Comment

You seem to already have your answer then...

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
          Take it. There are so many different products, though, so you'll have to try a few cylces of different products before finding what works best.

The powders upset my stomach. Creatine monohydrate pills are cheap and effective. Kre-Akalyn is popular and gets great reviews. I had the best results with MuscleTech CellTech, but it's a little pricey.

On a practical level as it pertains to the Army, it'll help during the P/U and S/U portions of the APFT, sure.

Comment

Personally I would stay away from it there have been alot of studies done that it causes heart problems.

Comment

Originally posted by hrotccadet
              Personally I would stay away from it there have been alot of studies done that it causes heart problems.

When I used these supplements, I got odd heart beats. Thus, I stopped and the problem went away.

You can mass up by eating good lean protein at points before and after your workouts. It's safer and you'll feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by hrotccadet
                There are as many studies that show the benefits of creatine supplementation. Use as directed and don't abuse it.

Originally posted by HeelToeSTi
                When I used these supplements, I got odd heart beats. Thus, I stopped and the problem went away.

You can mass up by eating good lean protein at points before and after your workouts. It's safer and you'll feel better.
                Creatine can't give you odd heartbeats. It was likely something else that you were taking. Everyone's body is different, but there really isn't a way that creatine alone affects your heart like that.

Comment

Creatine, floods the cell with water. You have to stay well hydrated, thats a must. Good protein amount, along with the creatine, and possibly glutimine, will help. But you have to eat right, exercise and rest. There isnt a magic pill that can do it for you.

Comment

I take a few supplements already. Fish oil capsule, flax seed oil, st.john wort, gummy bear vitamin, and glucosimene for joints.

Comment

I took it, and everytime I took it I put on weight that wouldn't come back off.

I wouldn't use it.

Particularly, military fit is not nessecarily bodybuilder fit.

Run, Run, Run. Push ups, and sit ups. and pullups.

Your size will grow with your strength.

If you were to take something, protein is the way to go. You really don't need anything else. That's my opinion.

Comment

When I was in bootcamp our senior would give us gatorade every night after evening chow, and by "gatorade" I mean fruit punch Celltech. Almost the entire platoon managed to bang out at least 15 pullups on the final PFT and we ended up winning the PFT trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by 0844
                          When I was in bootcamp our senior would give us gatorade every night after evening chow, and by "gatorade" I mean fruit punch Celltech. Almost the entire platoon managed to bang out at least 15 pullups on the final PFT and we ended up winning the PFT trophy.
                          that adds up to being a ton of money. a jar of celltech with 14 servings runs about 50 bucks. you sure it wasn't gatorade?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D
                            that adds up to being a ton of money. a jar of celltech with 14 servings runs about 50 bucks. you sure it wasn't gatorade?
                            It was definitely Celltech. He walked into the squadbay one evening during square-away time and grabbed a bunch of recruits to follow him outside. They came back in carrying a bunch of the large size canisters, still sealed. He briefed us that we would get "Gatorade" (he even did the air quotes with his fingers) each night. There was to be no mention of Celltech or any other supplements and if anyone came on deck and asked why we were drinking something other than water from our canteens, we were to say it was a reward for putting out that day. The guy was pretty competitive and was determined to get honor platoon. Oh, and I should mention that he didn't make it mandatory. If someone didn't want to take the creatine he wouldn't force him to. Everyone did though, if for no other reason than to consume something other than the nasty Parris Island tap water that we typically drank, lol.

Comment

started the creatine, one scoop of day, staying hydrated to be safe. No ill effects yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X