X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard Weekend PT some helpful advice

Alright so I did my first Guard weekend and wow, cake walk. For one 8/10 of the people there didn't want to be there and did not want to PT and some were WALKING during their PT. A girl back from boot camp failed her PT. A guy who got back from boot camp cranked 50 push ups in 2 mins when I did 75 and havnt gone to BCT. Little motavation to encourage others to go above and beyond. For you new people worried about your guard weekend here are some things to do...

1. Read the Drill letter, if it has a question on it bring the answer to the drill(only 3 people out of 20 brought theirs at mine)

2. Drink lots and lots of water, we had to carry canteens. Make sure your urine is clear.

3. Study your battle book if part of RSP, learn your soldiers creed, general orders, army values.

4. Bring a towel

5. If a integrity check happens example, Sergeant comes out yelling who used his towel and no one did( this happened at my drill) you will get smoked, just go through it and suck it up. Most of the time their testing you

6. Stand at parade rest when passing a Sergeant in the hall. Walk to the right of an higher ranking person if walking with a Sergeant down a hall. Stand at attention when passing an officer.

7. If you have fire guard dont fall asleep or you will get your a** chewed like no other.

If looking to increase PT, do 20-30 minute cardios at least 3 times a week on the stair stepper. Run 1-2 miles twice a week, once a week go trail running if nice out and use your boots to break them in. Stay hydrated. Do push ups during tv commercials and sit ups.

Re: Guard Weekend PT some helpful advice

Sounds like you got a bunch of people with the "Why do I have to do all this for my college money?!!?" type of mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
      Sounds like you got a bunch of people with the "Why do I have to do all this for my college money?!!?" type of mentality.
      You mean the college money isn't free? I got the shaft again....my recruiter LIED!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
        i keep forgetting about the college money, then i get my MGIB check and i'm like oh, yeah, awesome! hahaha
        i have no respect for the people just cashing in.

Comment

Working...
        X