Clear All

Re: My fitness journal

Have a KFC Double Down every day.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
      Have a KFC Double Down every day.
      Lol...........

Even if she gains all this weight, won't that put her back under weight once she starts getting smoked 8 times a day. Because if she is anything like on the forum, the DI's are going to love with her....

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
        LOL...Hear goes the Bronx salute
        I used to mess with new officers all the time... I'd salute them with my Left hand to see if they would do the same.. I got a few to do it and then they looked like they just ate something sour... confused as all ****. Now I'm on the other side of the fence and someone just did it to me. I didn't fall for it but thought it was hysterical. That SGT got a free lunch from me at BK haha

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
          I have to gain ten pounds hence the oil and creatine. Eating close to 3000 kcal a day now.
          Thats a start....If you PT as much as you let on your probably burning a 1000-1500k a day so start eating.

Breakfast if your eating out couple of sausage/egg/cheese sandwiches at fast food or Country Boy breakfast at Crackel barrel.

Dinner run to the border and load up on burritos or Popeyes Chicken with red beans and dirty rice with a biscuit

Supper hit up "Golden Corral" and load up on Chicken/Pork chops/ Steaks along with mashed potatos....

You'll put on weight...like it or not. If you don't eat out load up at home Steaks, Hamburger, Chops, pancakes, biscuits and gravy.....sky is the limit!

Comment

Thats a start....If you PT as much as you let on your probably burning a 1000-1500k a day so start eating.

Breakfast if your eating out couple of sausage/egg/cheese sandwiches at fast food or Country Boy breakfast at Crackel barrel.

Dinner run to the border and load up on burritos or Popeyes Chicken with red beans and dirty rice with a biscuit

Supper hit up "Golden Corral" and load up on Chicken/Pork chops/ Steaks along with mashed potatos....

You'll put on weight...like it or not. If you don't eat out load up at home Steaks, Hamburger, Chops, pancakes, biscuits and gravy.....sky is the limit!
            Well now I know you are from the South.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard
              Well now I know you are from the South.

LOL...Just a good ole boy from appalachian country. D

Comment

I'm trying Mcds for breakfast whenever I can. I love me some mcgriddles. I didn't do good yesterday, only 1500 kcal which was normal for me before I started trying to gain weight. Will try and make up for it today. It doesn't matter if I lose or gain in basic, only that I put on enough weight to get there.

From Kentucky by the way, going to a unit in Shelbyville.

Comment

[QUOTE=RandyB] only 1500 kcal [QUOTE]

Are you sure you mean "kcal?"
                  You know that 1500 kcal is 1,500,000 calories, right? (1kcal=1,000 calories)
                  That would be quite a meal.

Comment

ooops, calories then. My nutrition teacher always said kcal for some reason.

Comment

Stuffing yourself with junk food is not the answer ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
                        Stuffing yourself with junk food is not the answer ya know.
                        True...however it will pack on the weight, and if she is PTing as much as she says she is then it shouldn't be that difficult.

Popeyes, Crackel barrel, and Golden Corral isn't junk jood....High in fat and calories definitely....But there is alot of good protein in meat and fiber in beans.

Comment

I ran 1 mile today at a 9.40 pace which if I can keep up for two miles is passing the apft. I did another quarter at a slower pace then walked 4 miles. This is on a concrete track.

Sandwich, breakfast, bacon egg cheese, w/griddle … 457
                          Hash Browns (McDonald's Nutrition Information Cen… 257
                          Dish, shrimp, brd, fried, fast food (USDA SR-20) 260
                          French Fries, fried in veg oil, lrg, fast food (U… 319
                          Pasta, fettuccine, enrich, dry (Store Brands) 364
                          Salad, iceberg, classic (Dole Food Company, Inc.) 10
                          Soda, cola (Coca Cola/Coke) 292
                          Cornbread, hush puppies, fast food (USDA SR-20) 51
                          Milk, 2%, w/add vit A & D (USDA SR-20) 122
                          Ice Cream, vanilla (USDA SR-20) 265
                          Drink, sports, orange, svg (Gatorade Thirst Quenc… 71
                          Total Calories 2,468

Comment

There's putting on god weight, and putting on bad weight - that list will definitely lead to the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
                              I ran 1 mile today at a 9.40 pace which if I can keep up for two miles is passing the apft.
                              Really????.......

Aren't you like 20 and SUPER skinny???.....those are the BEST runners....think team Etheopia.

I'm 41 next week, quit smoking in Jan., 180#.....ran 2 miles in 14:49 today.....and let me tell you I find running extremely boring.

You talk of being an officer, but you have the attitude of doing the bare miniumums to "pass". Trust me when I tell you, those officers will not get respected and are the ones who get "past-over" come promotion time. It's the ones that day-in day-out the enlisted guys see bustin azz that earn it.

I don't "have" to go to Ranger school, but I will. It will take everything I have to get thru it at my age.....why?

It's one of the things that will set me aside from my peers when I go for Warrant boards....it will show that I am not here to just "get by". Believe it or not, some people have to work harder to make officer....it's not a "gimme"

Find someone doing a bootcamp course in your town and sign up. They are everywhere, just look. It will help you immensely. Muscle weighs more than fat. My wife does one for FREE, because she worked out a deal to where she comes early and helps set up.

Not trying to be mean. It's an NCO's job to teach junior officers what they need to know. Never to early to get started....

My .02....spend it wisely

Comment

I have to get to the mins before I can surpass them. I doubt as a nurse passing pt in a medical unit promotion will be a problem for me. They are already saying they will send me to np school to get my masters. I am a gym member but don't have the cash for personal training.

Comment

Working...
                                X