Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My fitness journal

Originally posted by 49thadband
    guys, I'm still hung up on the coffee thing. If they let us have coffee, and I guarantee you it was ARMY COFFEE!!! as in knock you down strong: in reception, I can almost guarantee you we drank coffee in basic. I can't imagine what we would have been drinking.

I think I would have remembered trying to open those little 1/2 pints of milk,

any older guys out there who remember what we drank for breakfast?

thanks
    That was when Chirst was a Corporal.....

Comment

Originally posted by 49thadband
      guys, I'm still hung up on the coffee thing. If they let us have coffee, and I guarantee you it was ARMY COFFEE!!! as in knock you down strong: in reception, I can almost guarantee you we drank coffee in basic. I can't imagine what we would have been drinking.

I think I would have remembered trying to open those little 1/2 pints of milk,

any older guys out there who remember what we drank for breakfast?

thanks
      We had coffee at BCT at lovely Ft Jackson... just had to be slick about it (not too obvious or the cadre *may* give you a hard time). Come to think of it, nothing was banned from us in the DFAC, even the fatty cakes. Now, you oink out on all the cake and fried chicken you want and someone is going to notice. You will have ample opportunity to "work it off" later.

However, it was MRE coffee that did me good. On fireguard shifts, that particular little piece of contraband made all the difference.... almost like being at home. 'Cept its out of a metal canteen cup. And wearing summer PTs. And carrying a flashlight....

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
        That was when Chirst was a Corporal.....

oooh, yeah, it was a loooong time ago. 1983. Reagan military buildup. My dad was still in the guard, the guard was transitioning to BDUs, my dad joked that the reason he retired was so he wouldn't have to buy BDUs.

27 years.

Comment

I woke up a 5am just to find out we didn't have pt today. I ran so slow I missed the breif wen. and no one bothered to tell me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB

um........... did i accidently log onto facebook?

Comment

Is this one of yours Sergeant???....

Banned once and back for more of your viewing pleasure......sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy.....

Oh, forgot.....get used to saluting her......move!

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
                  Is this one of yours Sergeant???....

Banned once and back for more of your viewing pleasure......sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy.....

Oh, forgot.....get used to saluting her......move!
                  LOL...Hear goes the Bronx salute

Comment

um........... did i accidently log onto facebook?
                    the nat guard has a facebook page actually.

Did a two mile ruck march with 15 pound pack. Trying to work up to 30 pounds and 9 miles. Then did sprints.

Comment

1 mile run in 10.20, then 42 situps, pushups on my knees.

Comment

3 mile walking, sprints uphill, free weights arms, pushups 10.

Comment

Can you put creatine into hot water or will the heat denature it. I'm sure it is an amino acid molecule if not a glucose.

I currently take several others and was wondering if they would pop a drug test. I quit several weeks before meps but am not taking them again.

To include creatine, fish oil, flax seed oil, st. johns wort, glucosimine, cod liver oil, 5-htp, CLA, and gummy vit.

Comment

Good god.....aren't you like 16???

I'm 41 and will go to Ranger school and I don't worry about all that sh1t.....

Stop reading on the body builder pages, eat well and work out.....you have a LONG way to go.

Comment

I have to gain ten pounds hence the oil and creatine. Eating close to 3000 kcal a day now.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
                                I have to gain ten pounds hence the oil and creatine. Eating close to 3000 kcal a day now.
                                Start eating!

Comment

Working...
                                X