Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fitness journal

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: My fitness journal

    I ran 4 miles today at about an 11 min mile pace. Sprint/jog intervals the last half mile then 20 pushups and 40 situps. I puked my guts up after we were finished. Lost nearly a half gallon of water, tea, and coke but felt better afterwards. The female Captain who ran it today bout to killed me. She is hard core.

    The only downside is I have to miss my first class to shower, got the vomit all over.

    What is up with the liner in the pt shorts, it feels like your wearing a diaper. I would cut it out but don’t want to be out of regulation.

    Icing my shins now. It's 5 miles friday, i will drink less fluids and hopefully be able to keep it down.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: My fitness journal

      Hooah! Excellent....Keep it up!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: My fitness journal

        interesting that you mention the fluids and throwing up. I am doing a boot camp workout and the other day, I had the little throw up in my mouth, because I drank that carnation instant breakfast an hour before the workout.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: My fitness journal

          Originally posted by RandyB
          I ran 4 miles today at about an 11 min mile pace. Sprint/jog intervals the last half mile then 20 pushups and 40 situps. I puked my guts up after we were finished. Lost nearly a half gallon of water, tea, and coke but felt better afterwards. The female Captain who ran it today bout to killed me. She is hard core.

          The only downside is I have to miss my first class to shower, got the vomit all over.

          What is up with the liner in the pt shorts, it feels like your wearing a diaper. I would cut it out but donít want to be out of regulation.

          Icing my shins now. It's 5 miles friday, i will drink less fluids and hopefully be able to keep it down.

          Your issue isnt the liquids, its the wrong liquids.

          You should not be drinking tea or coke anymore, both are caffinated and caffine actualy dehydrates your body.

          You need to be drinking nearly 1 gallon of water per day during the summer (hot months) to stay hydrated if you are exercising outdoors.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: My fitness journal

            Good news, I am not losing weight anymore. back to 108 which is where I started and this is with creatine. Need to be 117 to meet the min weight for my height.

            Today we did 3 miles of sprint/jog intervals, 55 situps, and 40 pushups. I only need 19 pushups to pass my pt test so should be good there. Managed to keep my breakfast down this time. No coke as the carbonation is bad for stomach.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: My fitness journal

              It would greatly benifit you if you cut soda totaly out of your diet. Since 2006 I probably had soda maybe 30-50 times.

              diet Lemonade, grapefruit juice, orange juice, cranberry juice are best if you want something sweet.

              Juices are the best way to get something sweet yet are great for you. The calories in them seem high sometimes but what you have to understand is its a different kind of Carbohydrate. Where soda is empty calories ( no nutrition at all) juices have tons of vitamins.

              Like my Grapefruit juice has 100% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium 1g protien and 190mg of Potassium (needed for muscle recovery and cramping)

              water water water is your next best option.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: My fitness journal

                that is a good idea, I love the cafeine though. Need to gain weight but after I make it I will cut them out.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: My fitness journal

                  Originally posted by RandyB
                  that is a good idea, I love the cafeine though. Need to gain weight but after I make it I will cut them out.

                  Again wrong idea, you need to gain healthy weight. Not fat.

                  You might be underwieght but there are waivers for that. It is not a issue. And i actualy doubt you are fully under weight for you height

                  Just keep excersicing and you will gain wieght eventualy, and it will be muscle wieght. Eat more protien. Not drink soda.

                  If you need caffiene drink coffee or tea in the morning.... not soda.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: My fitness journal

                    Might as well cut out the caffeine now and get used to being without it. You can't have it at BCT anyway, so you'd be farther ahead to take your time getting away from it instead of going cold turkey.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: My fitness journal

                      Originally posted by ping9798
                      Might as well cut out the caffeine now and get used to being without it. You can't have it at BCT anyway, so you'd be farther ahead to take your time getting away from it instead of going cold turkey.
                      curious about the caffeine. Reception station was where I learned to like drinking coffee. It was pretty laid back, we had a pretty long time to eat, by army standards, kind of liked the coffee.

                      strange, though, I can't remember if I drank coffee in basic or not. From your post, I'm guessing no coffee?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: My fitness journal

                        Originally posted by andrew.tischner
                        Your issue isnt the liquids, its the wrong liquids.

                        You should not be drinking tea or coke anymore, both are caffinated and caffine actualy dehydrates your body.

                        You need to be drinking nearly 1 gallon of water per day during the summer (hot months) to stay hydrated if you are exercising outdoors.
                        Actually, tea and coffee (without the sugar and milk) has been proven to boost the metabolism and give people exercising an extra kick to go the distance. Clearly, this shouldn't be used as a crutch as there won't be either drink in BCT.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: My fitness journal

                          Took a pt test with ROTC today. 2 mile run in 23 mins, 50 situps, and an abysmal 6 pushups. I got twiggy arms but am working on it. That should be enough to get me into basic and avoid fat camp though. Go to meps today.

                          I dont need a higher metabolism but it helps wake me up in the morning.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: My fitness journal

                            guys, I'm still hung up on the coffee thing. If they let us have coffee, and I guarantee you it was ARMY COFFEE!!! as in knock you down strong: in reception, I can almost guarantee you we drank coffee in basic. I can't imagine what we would have been drinking.

                            I think I would have remembered trying to open those little 1/2 pints of milk,

                            any older guys out there who remember what we drank for breakfast?

                            thanks

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: My fitness journal

                              Coffee is too bitter for me. I will pass.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: My fitness journal

                                My old unit would go through Monster and soda cans like water.

                                This gift from our supply sergeant lasted a single drill I believe.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X