X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fitness journal

In an effort to keep myself motivated for the next 2 years I thought I'd start a fitness journal.

Female, 5"6, 108 pounds

Goal- run 2 miles in under 18min, 21 pushups, 53 situps, 117 pounds.

Today I did 10 mins on the eliptical at 4 resistence, 2 miles walking, and lunges. May try some pushups and situps later.

Re: My fitness journal

Keep it up! About 2 1/2 months ago I was sitting on the couch. I'm 23 y/o 5'10" and was 208 lbs. and couldn't run the 2-mile straight without dieing (and way over the time limit).

Have been doing P90X since and running every other day...now down to 185lbs., ran my 2 mile in 16:26, and have added 15 push-ups and 20 sit-ups. During my physical the other day, the nurse practitioner even said, "Wow, you're pretty fit" after taking my blood pressure, pulse, height and weight...never happened before.

JUST STAY AT IT!!!

Comment

I will, plan on going to the Y and running today.

Comment

Man I am out of shape, only made it just over a half a mile. I guess that is a quarter of the way though. I hope to make progress quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
          Man I am out of shape, only made it just over a half a mile. I guess that is a quarter of the way though. I hope to make progress quickly.
          Good, now you see what you can do & hopefully see where you need to improve. Now don't fall under a 1/2 a mile everytime that you run which should be now everyday. With a day or two of rest. Not dogging you, but you have nowhere's else to go but improve on that run! Just keep doing a routine & it naturally improves itself GL!

Comment

This is what I did to work up to 3 miles:

Podrunner Couch to 5k

Just don't quit and you'll get there!

Comment

thanks will check it out.

walked 2 miles today, sprint, and going to do some sit-ups and pushups.

Comment

ran 1.25 miles today at 5.2 miles an hour for the first mile then 6 for the .25.

Comment

the physical standard I have to meet is 2 miles in 18min, 53 situps, and 21 pushups.

right now I am at 1.2 miles in 13 minutes, 30 situps, and 10 pushups but will build up quickly and don't ship for several months anyway. I am also going to start walking in the boots I got from rotc to toughen up feet as well as rucking with a light pack.

Comment

Walked 2 miles in boots, p90x kempo workout 50 minutes, 10 benchpresses, 30 situps.

Comment

If the Goal you have to meet is 2 miles in 18 minutes (Which I assume is a 60 for females on the run), I would highly advise training to do better than that. Train for much higher than you want.

I trained for 100's in everything, and generally end up getting all 95's. But I also know that on a BAD day because of freezing rain or fireguard shifts, I may only get a 90 on a Run, or a 90 on a Pushups/Situp event. If you train for the 60 which is a pass, an you end up getting a 59 - you are hurting yourself.

Comment

I am going to start pting with rotc again beginning Monday. They have me with the airborne school bound cadets to prepare for basic.

I am shooting for as high as I can get but meeting the mins is the first step.

Comment

oh my, I am sore all over and we are running four miles tomorrow. Did 3 yesterday. One cadet was throwing up by the end. He ran too fast so early in the morning.

Comment

oh my, I am sore all over and we are running four miles tomorrow. Did 3 yesterday. One cadet was throwing up by the end. He ran too fast so early in the morning.

running and throwing up go hand and hand especialy if its hot and especialy if one is pushing ones self.

With your training i would say if you are doing p90x, skip the kenpoX ( its not that great of a work out really) and go running 2 miles.

Some will argue with me here but for 2 mile run this is how i like to train.

Its a 4 day program that you rinse and repeat over and over again

Day 1 Run 2 miles at the speed and intenity of what it takes to pass the PT test

Day 2: Hill sprints, find a good hill. 50m totaly uphill Sprint up, walk down. do not start sprining again untill you can talk again without gasping for air. do this for 45-1hr.

Day 3 run again 2 miles at AFPT speed.

Day 4 3 miles, telephone pole sprints. Sprint telphone pole to the next, walk the next one (or lightly job) sprint again. As you get better sprint 2 telphone poles and walk one. So forth and so on.

Then you go back to the beggining. And do it all over again.

If you have issues with things hurtting ICE ICE ICE, then 800 mg of motrin lol. Ranger candy.

(for disclosure purposes I am not reccomending exceeding any dosage amounts that a doctor or the bottle recommends ) lol

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.tischner

If you have issues with things hurtting ICE ICE ICE, then 800 mg of motrin lol. Ranger candy.

(for disclosure purposes I am not reccomending exceeding any dosage amounts that a doctor or the bottle recommends ) lol

I've taken 1000 mg since AIT.. give the joes that much too.. call it a bad habit if you want, but you can't argue with results.

(same disclaimer etc etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X