X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to lose few lbs ASAP

I'm freaking out about the physical at MEPS this monday and its bothering me, therefore I want to do something about it. Situation is;
    MEPS in DEC 09 - passed I guess w/ no tape ( 74 or 75'' and 215 lbs)
    RSP1 DEC 09 - taped but said I looked fine (dont remember weight
    RSP2 JAN 10 - no tape but weighed about 212
    RSP3 FEB 10 - no tape but weighed about 214
    I think the limit for persons 6'3'' is like 215 or 217lbs... My parents are divoreced and planning on two seperate and big dinners out, at steak restraunts..... That is freaking me out because I don't want to weigh to much.... I'm not fat, im built and have muscle (as you know muscle weighs more than fat) so what should I do... How can I lose some lbs... When I get to the hotel sunday, I plan on doing cardio there, and then waking up monday earlier than the wakeup call at 0400 and hitting the bike and treadmill too and eat no or a lite breakfast. Any insight please, I don't want any complications as you know the feelings and anticipation I have to ship, thanks.

Re: best way to lose few lbs ASAP

The limit for 6'3 is 215lbs? Wtf? That's so skinny, why does the military want scronny guys so bad? I suggest doing a quick body cleanse? Drink tons of water the days before you get weighed and then stop and you will pee tons and become dehydrated and lose a lot of water weight, cutting water weight is what wrestlers and fighters do, just cutting it all and then being dehydrated for a day or two would suck.

Edit: If your all muscle why worry about it? The tape will show. Unless your a power lifter or something with a huge gut that sticks out past your chest. lol

Comment

Chill. If you're really in decent shape, you'll pass tape. At the end of 20 weeks of OSUT when I was 15 lbs. "overweight." I'll always need to be taped and you might, too. No big deal.

Comment

Hey thanks, I appreciate both the respnonses... I guess I won't worry, since I should past the tape for sure if I dont weigh in good. My body looks in shape besides little handles. Thanks much, we will see monday.

Comment

What's your waist size?

Comment

One big meal isn't going to undo an active and healthy lifestyle...

That being said...

Exercise, drink water, and increase your fiber intake.

Comment

My waist is about a 34-36. (I wear 36 in pants)
              Thanks Major, that is true, I know my lifestyle is healthy but I push the weight from working out.

Comment

Originally posted by DanB123
                The limit for 6'3 is 215lbs? Wtf? That's so skinny, why does the military want scronny guys so bad?
                I wondered the same until I had to carry a huge (fat not tall) guy with 60 lbs of gear on a litter. Even with 4 litter carriers, it was MISERABLE loading him into a helo. Next time, I'm just calling the fattys "expectant". Yes, I'm cruel.

To the OP. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Good luck! Hooah!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRN
                  I wondered the same until I had to carry a huge (fat not tall) guy with 60 lbs of gear on a litter. Even with 4 litter carriers, it was MISERABLE loading him into a helo. Next time, I'm just calling the fattys "expectant". Yes, I'm cruel.

To the OP. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Good luck! Hooah!
                  Can we have a picture of that....LOL

In wrestling we would put on a few layers of clothes, and workout in a room with the heat on....

Then we would chew bubble gum and spit in a cup....

Comment

I'm 71" and 218 lbs. I went to MEPS and did not meet weight standards but I taped and passed with 21%. If you work out, I wouldnt worry about it.

Comment

During an AT in Honduras, I caught some sort of bug.

Lost 20 lbs in about 5 days. But I looked fabulous...

Comment

Originally posted by California Major
                        During an AT in Honduras, I caught some sort of bug.

Lost 20 lbs in about 5 days. But I looked fabulous...
                        Tell me you didn't drink the water

Comment

Originally posted by DanB123
                          The limit for 6'3 is 215lbs? Wtf? That's so skinny, why does the military want scronny guys so bad? I suggest doing a quick body cleanse? Drink tons of water the days before you get weighed and then stop and you will pee tons and become dehydrated and lose a lot of water weight, cutting water weight is what wrestlers and fighters do, just cutting it all and then being dehydrated for a day or two would suck.

Edit: If your all muscle why worry about it? The tape will show. Unless your a power lifter or something with a huge gut that sticks out past your chest. lol
                          It's not 6'3 is like 217 or so because im 6'2 and the max for my weight is 214

Comment

Working...
                          X