Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Stay In Shape?

How do you stay in shape between drills? I'll start:

I work in the arts of Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It's a really functional workout that applies to not only self defense, but rigorous conditioning and technique.

Okay now you go.
    Last edited by Phantom; March 5th, 2010, 12:36 AM.

Re: "How do you stay in shape" ver. 2.0

I run three times MWF 2-3 miles (8-9 min pace) along with "daily sevens" plus sit-ups and push-ups. TU/TH I train in Krav Maga and judo. Saturday walk 3-5 miles and do 12 ounce curls (bud light) Sunday is the Lords day pay homage and rest.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
      and do 12 ounce curls (bud light)
      This workout is full of win.

I run 2-3 miles a few times a week and do PU/SU throughout the day as I feel. I don't aim for a certain number of either per day, I just drop and push out 50. Occasionally I throw in a P90X disc and do that, but again, there is no schedule.

Comment

M-F: Crossfit every morning at work (I work with crazy people), P90X every evening at home. Random distance runs in between.

Sat/Sun: Shoeshoe up, snowboard down. Repeat until exhausted enough to pay $8 for a beer at the lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRN
          M-F: Crossfit every morning at work (I work with crazy people), P90X every evening at home. Random distance runs in between.

Sat/Sun: Shoeshoe up, snowboard down. Repeat until exhausted enough to pay $8 for a beer at the lodge.
          Nice, I bet that's exhausting.

Comment

Got a pull up bar today so it's time to add another exercise to the mix. I'll be joining a gym soon to try and work more on size.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
              Nice, I bet that's exhausting.
              No kidding that is exhausting $8 for a beer it better not be draft!

Comment

I would come prepared with a flask or at the very least bury a few cans of beer in the snow beforehand.

Comment

Re: How Do You Stay In Shape?

i just lift as heavy of weight as possible. do only a few reps. man that will put size on you quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Petterle
                    i just lift as heavy of weight as possible. do only a few reps. man that will put size on you quick!

Diet and recovery play a bigger part than what you lift. Just something to keep in mind.

Comment

oh yeah i know that. ive been lifting for years off and on.

Comment

I get up about 6, do a light push-up/ab work out then run 3-5 miles. The push ups and ab work is just to keep my body used to the exercises so I can maintain my apft scores. Then after school I go to the gym and lift heavy on a 5 day split following Jim wendler's 5/3/1 program. I eat around 4000 cals a day mostly chicken/rice/tuna/whole grains/tons of fruit and veggies. I'm trying to hit 185lbs, I gain weight really slowly though and probably won't reach my goal before I ship to bct/ait in June.

Comment

I do a lot of different stuff because I get bored easy, but mostly it's a mixture of lifting heavy/endurance, hitting the heavy bag, P90X, Insanity, and working out with my TRX. In addition to the cardio from the TRX/P90X/Insanity, I also run 2-3 miles and ride the stationary bike for 10+ miles. In the Spring/Summer months I try to get out on my mountain bike with a fast paced 25 mile ride in once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                            No kidding that is exhausting $8 for a beer it better not be draft!
                            LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

(10 char. limit)

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Hustle
                              I do a lot of different stuff because I get bored easy, but mostly it's a mixture of lifting heavy/endurance, hitting the heavy bag, P90X, Insanity, and working out with my TRX. In addition to the cardio from the TRX/P90X/Insanity, I also run 2-3 miles and ride the stationary bike for 10+ miles. In the Spring/Summer months I try to get out on my mountain bike with a fast paced 25 mile ride in once a week.
                              Yeah I want to look into P90x. It looks like you build functional muscle, which is why I started kickboxing. I want to get my weight down so I can fight at featherweight (145 lb) later this year. I'd be a big 145-er as I'm 5'10" and would have to get down to 160 so the weight cut isn't too bad. I'm at about 185 right now, so I was thinking intense workout and diet like P90x would benefit me.

Comment

Working...
                              X