X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Mile Run

First time I've ran that far I think perhaps ever. Did it in 42 minutes. I was hoping to do it in 40 mins since that is the min at Ranger School. I obviously don't plan on going to Ranger School only doing the min, but being my first time running 5 I was hoping to be able to at least make the min. My goal is 32 minutes. Felt good when I finished. Wasn't really breathing too hard, so I know I can push harder, but I at least have a starting point.

Re: 5 Mile Run

Good Job, it comes with practice. You will get there. I knocked 45sec of my 5k last week, there must have been a tail wind, cause I thought I was way slow. Just keep at it, good things come with hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
      there must have been a tail wind, cause I thought I was way slow.
      Beans for lunch???.....

Comment

tips please I could run for hours since ive learned how to breathe correctly but my legs and feet start to hurt after a while. is it the shoes? i bought some insoles to help my arches but they only work slightly better

Comment

Originally posted by 13FHopeful
          tips please I could run for hours since ive learned how to breathe correctly but my legs and feet start to hurt after a while. is it the shoes? i bought some insoles to help my arches but they only work slightly better
          Start with your shoes, but keep in mind that some pain can be normal when it comes to distance/endurance running. (I'm ALWAYS in pain after 10+ miles no matter how much I train.) Just train consistently and don't do too much, too soon. Give your body time to adjust to extra miles or increased speed.

Comment

10+ miles?

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Lowe
              10+ miles?
              Don't be too impressed, I've been slacking off on my running for a while now...

Comment

you are a mad woman!

Comment

If I didn't run, all this beer would make me fat.

Comment

I've been slacking since November 25, and it shows....

Comment

Asics are good running shoes. From there you may need to experiment with inserts. I had a lot of problems with arch and heel pain before finding a good shoe for me.

Comment

I thought they made you run the 5 mile in boots with a back pack on? if true, I guess your 32:00 is a good goal. If you can do it in 32:00 with running shoes, you can probably get under 40:00 no problem. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 49thadband
                          I thought they made you run the 5 mile in boots with a back pack on? if true, I guess your 32:00 is a good goal. If you can do it in 32:00 with running shoes, you can probably get under 40:00 no problem. good luck.
                          It's PT gear for the 5 mile. It's all your equipment for the 12 mile timed ruck.

Comment

Working...
                          X