X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APFT Diagnostic ??

Thanks for reading my post, I have a question about the APFT.
    This month (Feb) I will have my first APFT, I just reenlisted after many years of being a civilian, and this will be my 2nd drill, I havn't even been issued a PT uniform yet. I can do the required Pushups and Situps but I know my Runtime will be off by about 3 minutes, height and weight good, BMI good.
    My question is, will this be a Diagnostic APFT or is this one going on record?

Re: APFT Diagnostic ??

Originally posted by indyguard
    Thanks for reading my post, I have a question about the APFT.
    This month (Feb) I will have my first APFT, I just reenlisted after many years of being a civilian, and this will be my 2nd drill, I havn't even been issued a PT uniform yet. I can do the required Pushups and Situps but I know my Runtime will be off by about 3 minutes, height and weight good, BMI good.

Depends really. If you are MOSQ and this is going to be your permanent unit, they'll probably fudge this one and tell you to improve.

If you have to go to BCT and AIT, don't worry about it anyhow. You will improve there greatly.

Comment

Can you lose all your education benefits for failing PT Test?
      How strict are they on this will they take away everything on the first PT flag?

Comment

Originally posted by indyguard
        Your unit's training schedule will tell you that. I recommend that you address this issue with your chain of command, and ask that you take the test as a diagnostic, even if everyone else takes it for record.

An APFT failure means that your unit should 'flag' you for favorable action. This means no eligibility for schools, benefits, promotion, etc. It's best just not to go there.

Comment

Working...
        X