Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on gaining weight and passing PT?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on gaining weight and passing PT?

Do you really think this guy will have a problem with the excess carbs? As long as he is eating the right carbs (as was suggested numerous times in this thread) and not getting his carbs from candy and sweet tea, he will be fine. Come on, he is 6'4 and 150 lbs. Whatever excess protein you get your body will just pass it through so it's essentially empty calories. There is no need for 2 grams of protein for each pound of body weight. 40% of calories from fat? That is much higher than I have ever seen recommended. If anything, do 50/40/10 C/P/F.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D
      this will work if you don't mind violating the army's supplement policy.
      I was unaware the Guard had a policy restricting the use of pro-hormones. What else is on that list Lance13D?

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Lowe
        Do you really think this guy will have a problem with the excess carbs? As long as he is eating the right carbs (as was suggested numerous times in this thread) and not getting his carbs from candy and sweet tea, he will be fine. Come on, he is 6'4 and 150 lbs. Whatever excess protein you get your body will just pass it through so it's essentially empty calories. There is no need for 2 grams of protein for each pound of body weight. 40% of calories from fat? That is much higher than I have ever seen recommended. If anything, do 50/40/10 C/P/F.
        I'm just going by the formula body builders go by for a clean bulk. His whole problem is probably that he's drinking weight gainer shakes, those are terrible, and it seems like he's disregarding how much time it really takes to fully recover from a hard lifting session, I spent a whole summer not resting enough between lifting and saw almost no results, my diet was also crap, I thought supplements would make me superman.
        I don't understand why people are saying to not try and gain weight as well, I'd rather be bigger and have functional strength and do okay on the apft than be skinny, weak, and be able to score high. I don't see how he couldn't gain weight while progressing on the test as well, I've put on about 5lbs of lean muscle over the last two months and seen a large jump in almost all of my lifts and I got a 257 on my apft last Sunday(Not super good, just saying, its not hard to gain mass while being able to pump out push/sit-ups and run. But I haven't been to basic yet so I'm not really worried about my scores yet.
        I guess, to wrap up my overly long fairly pointless post. Try a split like the link I posted, or try doing a work out like such:
        Monday-chest/shoulders/tri's with lifting heavy weights. Tuesday-back/legs/bi's with heavy weights as well. Rest on Wednesday. Then hit the same muscles as Monday on Thursday but do body weight exercises like push ups, dips, diamond push ups and stuff, and on friday do chin/pull ups and such for your back/arms, do box jumping and stuff to activate all the fast-twitch muscle fibers in your legs and get your metabolism going. Toss in running a mile every day and eating a TON of healthy foods. I suspect something like this would get your body used to the exercises you'd be doing in the apft while lifting heavy would promote some muscle growth. But thats just a theory, I was planning on doing something like that in april to get myself more used to the stuff I'll be doing in bct/ait. Best of luck. Oh, do lots of mountain climbers, flutter kicks, and crunches/sit-ups. Those suck.

Comment

If you want to do something that sucks, do squat thrusts, mountain climbers and bicycles.

Comment

Working...
          X