X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30:60's Suck! LOL

So, I just starting running about a two weeks ago. I have a long way to go to get to my goal of 12 min 2 mile (at 15:50 right now). Anyway, I had my first attempt at 30:60's today. I used to do HIIT when I played arena football, but I guess I forgot how much it hurts. Granted I have a chest cold right now, but I was only able to do 4 sets before my chest felt like it was going to explode!

I plan to run for distance one day and do 30:60's the next. Hopefully this helps and hopefully I get rid of this cold sometime soon or I think it's going to kill me.

I don't even want to think about 60:120's!
    Last edited by azIce; January 17th, 2010, 03:20 PM.

Re: 30:60's Suck! LOL

Sounds like a plan. Just remember don't over do it and have some recovery days.

Comment

Good advice. Too much intensity is worse then none at all, especially when it comes to running. Anything over a dead sprint which you are used to in football is aerobic and you need to develop a strong aerobic engine. Don't just work on the turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by azIce
        So, I just starting running about a two weeks ago. I have a long way to go to get to my goal of 12 min 2 mile (at 15:50 right now). Anyway, I had my first attempt at 30:60's today. I used to do HIIT when I played arena football, but I guess I forgot how much it hurts. Granted I have a chest cold right now, but I was only able to do 4 sets before my chest felt like it was going to explode!

I plan to run for distance one day and do 30:60's the next. Hopefully this helps and hopefully I get rid of this cold sometime soon or I think it's going to kill me.

I don't even want to think about 60:120's!
        I'd caution you to doing 3 sets a week AND running on your off days. the 30:60's were done 2 times a week and we'd do 7 or 8 during PT sessions at BCT. Trust me, it won't take much to get you down there. I went from a 16:16 2mile (passing for me at 35yrs old) but I wanted lower. Switching to 60:120's I got the same pain as you described but I just pushed myself. As much as it sucked, I did it. By the end of AIT I was running my 2 mile in 14:30. I'm pleased with my progress so far...

If you're gonna do this then do light jogging on your off days... no running at high speeds or your lungs will not develop to their fullest potential. No pain no gain bro.

Comment

Thanks for the input Clyde.

My schedule is this - Wed, Fri, Sun: 2 Miles, Thur & Sat: 30:60's

I've got my 2 mile down to 14:33. Just did that a few minutes ago. In the rain and wind. Good times.

I've just started 30:60's, so tomorrow will only be my third time. I've only been able to do 6 of them and that is 30 sprint and 60 walk. lol So I've got a lot of work to do. ugh

Comment

school me on the 30:60's....

Comment

Sprint for 30 seconds - Jog for 60 seconds. There is also the 60:120 version which I will not even attempt until I can do 10 30:60's without any walking.

Keep doing those and watch your 2 mile drop

Comment

Working...
              X