X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90x VS. Shaun T's Insanity

I'm trying to decide which program to get. Has anyone heard if one is better than the other...or tried them to know which would help the most? I'm trying to lose another 20 pounds or so, then I should be able to head to MEPS.

Also, does anyone use post-work out recovery drinks? I'm in the middle of a 4 week high intensity program and I've been drinking chocolate milk and popping 2 tylenol or motrin afterward and noticed it helps with muscle soreness. Whether it's right or wrong to do, I don't know...but it seems to help.

Re: P90x VS. Shaun T's Insanity

Originally posted by ping9798
    I'm trying to decide which program to get. Has anyone heard if one is better than the other...or tried them to know which would help the most? I'm trying to lose another 20 pounds or so, then I should be able to head to MEPS.

Also, does anyone use post-work out recovery drinks? I'm in the middle of a 4 week high intensity program and I've been drinking chocolate milk and popping 2 tylenol or motrin afterward and noticed it helps with muscle soreness. Whether it's right or wrong to do, I don't know...but it seems to help.
    P90X and Insanity are two different work outs with different goals.... Insanity is a whole lot of plyometrics,( bursts of muscle use) its intense, where as P90X is more of the all around fitness routine, from muscle group targeting to Plyo, to Yoga. im doing both, and they both are great, P90x helps me with the muscle definition, where as Insanity helps with the rapid weight loss.
    Post workout recovery drink.... Do not...... DO not get the p90x stuff... it is loaded with sugar.. i wouldnt recommend chocolate milk. for the same reason. i was drinking ovaltine thinking that the vitamins in it would help.... it actually hindered my weight loss due to the sugar content... you should drink something that is high in protein, moderate in carbs, and low in sugar and fat... i drink GNC Lean muscle meal, its great and has alot of vitamins... good luck
    Last edited by Chrisr; January 18th, 2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I know they both have different goals and everything, I just wasn't sure if one was better for weight loss than the other. Your post helps a lot, thank you for the response!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisr
        P90X and Insanity are two different work outs with different goals.... Insanity is a whole lot of plyometrics,( bursts of muscle use) its intense, where as P90X is more of the all around fitness routine, from muscle group targeting to Plyo, to Yoga. im doing both, and they both are great, P90x helps me with the muscle definition, where as Insanity helps with the rapid weight loss.
        Post workout recovery drink.... Do not...... DO not get the p90x stuff... it is loaded with sugar.. i wouldnt recommend chocolate milk. for the same reason. i was drinking ovaltine thinking that the vitamins in it would help.... it actually hindered my weight loss due to the sugar content... you should drink something that is high in protein, moderate in carbs, and low in sugar and fat... i drink GNC Lean muscle meal, its great and has alot of vitamins... good luck
        I bet you will fit through that window now buddy! Lol

Comment

Working...
        X