X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optics

Any one know any good Optics for use on M4, were issued the M68's but I used them in basic and would like something with Magnification, anyone have any good ideas, or whats worked for them?

Re: Optics

If your looking for magnification the ELCAN is good. But I am sure it is pricey for purchase though.

I just went through a qual range with them, scores of 39-40 were common.

Comment

Roger Magnification is what I'm looking for, I wouldnt mind being able to mount a CCO on top of the optic, I've seen some ACOGS with that option, moneys not to big a issue, my tax refund is going to the purchase of deployment gear. Ill check out the ELCAN's now,

-------------Edited--------------
      Have you had any first hand experience with the ELCAN SpecterDR 1.5-6x?
      Last edited by tyler1124; March 23rd, 2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Have you had any first hand experience with the ELCAN SpecterDR 1.5-6x?
        I am not sure of the various nomenclatures and how they match up. I believe I was using the SU-230.

Comment

I used an ACOG in Iraq and loved it. They dont have a ton of magnification, but it was perfect for what I used it for!

Comment

ACOG, TA31F to be exact...if you need pics of it mounted on a M4 let me know.
            X4 magnification, fixed. Bullet drop out to 800yrds. You can accurately estimate yardage at each increment, the lateral line is 19in. at each increment.

If you got the $$$ skip the TA31-F and go for the RCO. Comes with killflash and lens covers..

Comment

+1 for the ACOG.

Failing that, you could couple the M68 with the Aimpoint magnifier. Eotech also makes a magnifier. Both are 3x magnification.

Comment

I personally Like the EOTech's. Get a standard 512, and then get a 3x magnifier behind it. The mag flips out of the way, so when you need a CQB sight, you have it. Its a bit pricey though. 512's are like 400$, mag is 600 if you get the one made by L3.

Comment

Originally posted by AZRGR
                  If your looking for magnification the ELCAN is good. But I am sure it is pricey for purchase though.

I just went through a qual range with them, scores of 39-40 were common.

The LCAN is good for 500m and under, has a red dot that really comes in nice. The EoTech, is great for CQB and can be used out to around 200m without magnification for quick acquiring of targets. If you can try out a few before you purchase, find one that suits your needs. Optics vary from person to person, depending on targeting preference and shooting style.

Comment

Originally posted by Fstbk272
                    I personally Like the EOTech's. Get a standard 512, and then get a 3x magnifier behind it. The mag flips out of the way, so when you need a CQB sight, you have it. Its a bit pricey though. 512's are like 400$, mag is 600 if you get the one made by L3.
                    I run a Eotech 551 and Eotech magnifier on my civie rifle. Works great. However, you have to be careful what mount comes with your magnifier. Mine for example doesn't flip to the side, but has a quick detach mount.

Comment

Yeah I ended up going with the ELCAN Specter Dual Role 1-6x optic, It cost a pretty penny but I got a decent price cut off of it,

Comment

Originally posted by Macnamara
                        I run a Eotech 551 and Eotech magnifier on my civie rifle. Works great. However, you have to be careful what mount comes with your magnifier. Mine for example doesn't flip to the side, but has a quick detach mount.

Ah, did you get the L3? All the newer ones I've seen have the flip.

Comment

Originally posted by Fstbk272
                          Ah, did you get the L3? All the newer ones I've seen have the flip.
                          You know, I'm not sure what I got. I think it's the L3. I got it from a guy used so I think it may have be the earliest model.

Also, Tyler, nice Optic you ended up with.

Comment

just wondering if anyone would think a commander would have and objection to someone running a itl coyote weapon site on their weapon?

http://www.itloptronics.com/products...d=152&pr_id=10

Comment

go with the Eotech

Comment

Working...
                              X