X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike Footwear

I'm due for a new pair of running shoes and boots. I'm looking into the Nike Lunar Glides for running and the Nike SFB tan boot. From what I've heard from the people I know who have them, they're pretty reliable and comfortable. Does anyone here have any insights to share on them? Thanks

Re: Nike Footwear

Have you tried them on yet?

My preferred method is to go in, and just try every shoe on, more often than not its the new balance hideous looking gray shoe that fits my deformed foot........

In my long history in the guard as a PFC, ASICS were with me before and after I graduated.......they have held up rather well, still running those benning shoes to this day rofl.

Comment

I use Nike lunar glides and lunar swift lites. Both are excellent running shoes however, YMMV; To me they are a perfect fit. I like the extra support on the heels very comfortable!

Comment

Anybody know what Nike replaced the Zoom Elite with? I've been running in Zoom Elites since 2004, and they carried me through two marathons, a couple halfs and a ton of shorter races. Nike quit making them, and I need new shoes.

Comment

Sneakers are whateevr I like at the store lol. But there is a post in the clothing section about boots that I've commented in before that has a great array of people that got boots. I personally have a pair of the blackhawks and the Oakley boots(Off Usstandardissue.com of course)

Comment

Nike+running on a consistent basis=shin splints, knee problems and foot problems. Does for me at least, some people have better luck. I was experiencing all the above, then switched to a really good pair of New Balance and my problem was solved, night and day difference. If you are going to be running in them alot I would invest in a better shoe than Nike. New Balance and ASICS are the best I've tried up to this point. Like davidvonyork said, its usually the ugliest pair that feels the best. When I get a new pair of running shoes I typically try on at least 15 different pairs and sizes untill I find the one that feels the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
              Nike+running on a consistent basis=shin splints, knee problems and foot problems. Does for me at least, some people have better luck. I was experiencing all the above, then switched to a really good pair of New Balance and my problem was solved, night and day difference. If you are going to be running in them alot I would invest in a better shoe than Nike. New Balance and ASICS are the best I've tried up to this point. Like davidvonyork said, its usually the ugliest pair that feels the best. When I get a new pair of running shoes I typically try on at least 15 different pairs and sizes untill I find the one that feels the best.
              I agree. For me I've run many 5ks, 10ks, 15ks, halfs and I've always stuck with New Balance. Nikes & Asics both give me bad shin splints, I've actually had stress fractures from a pair of Asics (and my lack of realizing proper distance increase). NB make a wide variety of shoes to fit your foot type. You may want to to go a specialty running store and find out how you pronate and how low/high your arch is to find the right shoe. It makes a big difference if you're going to have them for many years and/or miles.

Comment

Wore the Nike SFB on over 80 miles of ruckmarching. Loved it. No break in period. Light as a feather. Very happy with the purchase. NOT for cold or wet weather however!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                  Wore the Nike SFB on over 80 miles of ruckmarching. Loved it. No break in period. Light as a feather. Very happy with the purchase. NOT for cold or wet weather however!
                  They are fine when you're doing ruck marching on flat surfaces such as a road march. If you're actually going through tough terrain, you'll prefer the ankle support of the Oakley SI assault boots.

They're great garrison boots. They did pretty poorly in the field at IBOLC.

Comment

+1 I love my SFBs, even though the right one is a bit tight since my foot is bigger i guess, but you are right, those things with the cold.. ugh. i refused to wear my issued boots all winter because I didnt want to have to break them in, and because of how warm it was, until drill weekend when it miraculously snowed every time. I have rucked a few times in them though, and short of the hot spots to be expected, my feet fared pretty well, especially for knocking out 8 miles without rucking since 6 months prior

Comment

Wow sir, you did some digging to bring this thread back to life. You must really like your boots, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                        They are fine when you're doing ruck marching on flat surfaces such as a road march. If you're actually going through tough terrain, you'll prefer the ankle support of the Oakley SI assault boots.

They're great garrison boots. They did pretty poorly in the field at IBOLC.
                        I disagree. I wore the Oakley SI's for most of my last deployment, and loved them. However, I purchased a pair of the nike's when I got to Ft Rucker, and have worn them through WOCS, BOLC, and SERE. They've held up great and IMO beat the Oakley's any day. Unfortunately I'm not aloud to wear them anymore

Comment

The Nike SFB boots are fantastic! Not a fan of Nike running shoes as I said back in 2010(LOL!) but the boots are great. No break in period, ridiculously light and comfortable. I'm on my second pair right now. The first pair saw numerous ruck marches, a 20 mile ruck march into and out of the Grand Canyon which included step grades, rocky terrain, sand, mud and were fully submerged at one point. Boots held up great and were used for several ruck marches after that. I've also swam while wearing them on a few occasions and followed the swimming up with more ruck marching. Lots of praise for those boots. Not the best ankle support for mountaineering though.

Comment

I have a friend that works for nike that Wont wear their shoes. Running wise, I'd go with Brooks, personally with boots, the Nike ones broken down to cost per wear won't meet the value of AV2's. My closets full of nikes, but I've heard too many stories of their boots not lasting long. At all

Comment

Brooks is a great recommendation. I'm using a pair of the Ghost 4's right now and last year I went through 2 pairs of the 3's. Great running shoes. The Nike boots do wear down a little faster than other boots I've had in the past but they are well worth the cost. On Tuesday I did a hike through the jungle on Kauai at the Na Pali coast line while wearing my Nike boots and they were perfect! They got muddy, fully submerged in water, went up very steep grades with mudd and rock and the boots were solid performers; I think these are a worthy replacement for the "jungle boots" we all used to love so much back in the day. Aside from taking these boots into the snow I think I have put them through every possible terrain and condition. Nike has my business for the forseable future.

Comment

Working...
                              X