X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACU Questions

I'm getting a new 24hr WalMart a few minutes from home this month. Can't wait.

Comment

Welcome to the Chaplain Candidate program. I'm at CH-BOLC right now if you have any questions.

For CH-BOLC you will need 4 sets of ACUs. You only need one now, but steadily buy some more.

You can buy any socks that are the right color.

For CHBOLC CIMT you will need the standard issue boot, after CIMT you can have the other style, what is it tennis shoe style?

You'll need two pair for CH-BOLC.

For your ACU's i suggest getting mutliple patches of everything so you don't have to switch patches.

Depending on your state, you will need to get a Patrol Cap, with 2LT patch on it. Get it sown on not the pin type.

You will need to get a beret too, with the 2LT bar to put on it.

Brown undershirts. Belts.

I like foot powder makes my feet feel good.

You need to get Id tags made. You need to get your military ID also.

If you need it you can get a Military Star Card, and charge on credit your items. I have one but don't use it. Kinda worthless in my opion.

THe first day you have the card you get 10% off. So you may want to get one when you buy your gear for CH-BOLC.

You will need to shape your beret. You can buy a preshaped beret, at another store.

Gel cushions for your boots are nice also.

You want your ACU's to be kinda baggy.

Get a watch too.

If you're near a military base you'll want to get a sticker for your car.

You will get a $600 stipend for uniforms when you get to chbolc. Which will pretty much cover your dress uniform.

You will need to buy a PT uniform. Grey short sleve shirt, army shorts, black, and a saftey belt reflector things. For CHbolc I recommend you buy like 10 sets. When it gets cold you will need the winter apfu.

Your unit will probably issue your TA-50 gear. Standard stuff, ruck, IABA, ACH mitch, and so on....you lose it you pay for it. HAHA, expensive stuff.

well, I think I'm done.
      Last edited by Chaplain4me; August 2nd, 2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

How informatve

Comment

Working...
        X