X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACU Questions

I am a newly commissioned 2LT as a Chaplain Candidate in the MS ARNG. I recently went to purchase my first set of ACU's and was a bit overwhelmed. The pants, coat, and patrol cap were easy to select other items such as socks and undershirts had too many options. What are your recommendations for socks and undershirts? Are the higher dollar socks (like Under Armour) really that much better? And are the moisture control shirts really that much better than just a plain cotton undershirt?

I'm totally new to the ARNG and would appreciate any and all help or advice. Thanks in advance.

Re: ACU Questions

IMHO yes, but it really depends on your mission. If you are going to be desk bound, why spend the money. If you are going to be working outside in the MS heat they are well worth it.

Comment

Spend the extra money on thick socks lined with silver. Mine have lasted 2 years, although I haven't used them in boots for a while. They keep feet cushioned and cool during the summer and warm in the winter. And there is virtually no odor.

Comment

In my opinion, shirts are shirts. all the t-shirts are some sort of moisture wicking now, so that doesn't really matter. However, YES YES YES spend the money on socks. As everyone else on this site knows, your feet are your moneymaker in the military. You better spend the money on socks and some after market boots to make sure you keep blisters and hot spots to a minimum.

Comment

The 3 pair of socks that are "army issue" come in sizes SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE, XLARGE (i think that high).

I always get the small size because what is the point of having the socks go all the way up to your knees!? Too hot for me. Small leave me about 3 inches above my boot anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
            The 3 pair of socks that are "army issue" come in sizes SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE, XLARGE (i think that high).

I always get the small size because what is the point of having the socks go all the way up to your knees!? Too hot for me. Small leave me about 3 inches above my boot anyways.
            Because the sizes are different length from heel to toe. Duh.

Comment

THE GUM IN THE MREs MAKE YOU POOP MORE!

I need batteries for my chem lights =/

I NEED FLUID FOR MY HEADLIGHTS!!!

Sorry, pickett is probably the best post in the world, I'm having so much fun here.
              Last edited by Mr_Loki; July 31st, 2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

THE GUM IN THE MREs MAKE YOU POOP MORE!

I need batteries for my chem lights =/

I NEED FLUID FOR MY HEADLIGHTS!!!

Sorry, pickett is probably the best post in the world, I'm having so much fun here.

Lol! I'm sure theres a WalMart around there somewhere you can hang out at... thats what someone told me when I asked what there was to do around Leonardwood. Absolute MADNESS i tell you

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini
                  Lol! I'm sure theres a WalMart around there somewhere you can hang out at... thats what someone told me when I asked what there was to do around Leonardwood. Absolute MADNESS i tell you
                  Big Louie's is always there if you are current on your vaccinations.

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini
                    Yes...there is actually a Walmart around Pickett, but it closes at 11

Comment

Originally posted by cyall
                      Big Louie's is always there if you are current on your vaccinations.
                      Add Daisy's massage parlor and whatever that retarded club all the privates go too is called now, it used to be called Twilight Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
                        Yes...there is actually a Walmart around Pickett, but it closes at 11
                        Then it is a FAKE! A FAKE I TELL YOU!!!

Comment

Then it is a FAKE! A FAKE I TELL YOU!!!
                          WalMarts NEVER close!! Thats a FalMart! An imposter. Rubbish

Comment

Wow you guys are retarded. That being said I have never been to Pickett. We have had two AT's scheduled there in my almost 8 years in the Guard. Both of them got changed to Indiantown Gap. Pickett couldn't handle our training needs apparently! And good old Fort Drum pissed off our TAG a few years back so we don't go there any longer! LOL

Comment

Okay, so I went to the Walmart and I'll be ****** if it wasnt a WalMart. Screaming children, overweight americans and cheap quality merchandise. I was there for a whole 20 minutes before I had to escape.

Comment

Working...
                              X