X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibram Five Fingers

After reading the article about the barefoot lifestyle in the Army Times a while back, I looked into it and got these:

A lot of dudes at the unit have also looked into them. I would suggest reading about these shoes, they're well worth it and very comfortable.

Re: Vibram Five Fingers

They creep me out to much

Comment

Here's the article for those interested:

http://www.armytimes.com/offduty/spo...efoot_032210w/

I may be with you on trying this out. My running has never really been good by any stretch of the imagination, but if I can get myself down a full minute on my PT test, I'm game.

Comment

Originally posted by HeelToeSTi
        Here's the article for those interested:

http://www.armytimes.com/offduty/spo...efoot_032210w/

I may be with you on trying this out. My running has never really been good by any stretch of the imagination, but if I can get myself down a full minute on my PT test, I'm game.
        Exactly. My last one was a 14:15. I could've run a 13 and maxed this.

Comment

I have been wearing 5fingers for over a year and swear by them.

They do take bit of getting used to but it is worth it.

Comment

Those things look fricken weird, but the concept makes sense to me. Also, my ankles and knees are pretty beat up from pounding pavement in the Marines. I think I'll give this a shot. I need new running shoes anyway.

Comment

I imagine your unit and battle buddies will be laughing at you for crazy shoes. I'm suprised they're not too eccentric by army standards.

Comment

Those are werd but are they cushioend enough for running. They look like something you use river walking.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmetalman
                  Those are werd but are they cushioend enough for running. They look like something you use river walking.
                  Did you read the ArmyTimes article that was linked? That's the point of those shoes is that they aren't cushioned, which supposedly forces you into a proper running form.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
                    I imagine your unit and battle buddies will be laughing at you for crazy shoes. I'm suprised they're not too eccentric by army standards.
                    dude I'm in group. Comfort > Style.

Comment

Originally posted by 0844
                      Those things look fricken weird, but the concept makes sense to me. Also, my ankles and knees are pretty beat up from pounding pavement in the Marines. I think I'll give this a shot. I need new running shoes anyway.
                      Do it. Strengthens ankles.

Comment

Did you read the ArmyTimes article that was linked? That's the point of those shoes is that they aren't cushioned, which supposedly forces you into a proper running form.
                        Not really cushioned, but your soles are protected by Vibram soles (look under your combat boots, they probably say Vibram). They offer protection and a barefoot feeling simultaneously.

Comment

No i did not but i have now. Get it now.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmetalman
                            No i did not but i have now. Get it now.
                            It does make sense, doesn't it. I'm gonna measure my feet tonight after work and put an order it. I'll let everyone know how they work after I put a few miles on them.

Comment

I'm guessing that like Aqua Socks, you have to order these a couple of sizes smaller than your actual shoe size?

Comment

Working...
                              X