Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vibram Five Fingers

Originally posted by show_stopper999
    Well the last one I ran was over 10 years ago in USAF Basic. It was a "volunteer" fun run. So I honestly have no idea. I just found out about the 5k tuesday and registered and ran. no prep, but from what I told its a **** good time.

Also, i was pretty comfortable minus the blistering. If it handnt been from that I would say it was 100% perfect. My calfs are sore though.

My two mile run time is definetly better when I wear VFF
    just curious. what is your 2 mile compared to your 5K time. i'd like to run a 5K soon. not sure how i'd do.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
      Well the last one I ran was over 10 years ago in USAF Basic. It was a "volunteer" fun run. So I honestly have no idea. I just found out about the 5k tuesday and registered and ran. no prep, but from what I told its a **** good time.

Also, i was pretty comfortable minus the blistering. If it handnt been from that I would say it was 100% perfect. My calfs are sore though.

My two mile run time is definetly better when I wear VFF
      Thanks. I thought you might run 5k's fairly regularly. Glad to hear it helps your 2 mile though.

Comment

I ran 1/4 mi. sprints before work yesterday on my toes and my feet are pretty sore. I warmed up w/ jumping rope and I'm on my feet pretty much the whole time at work too. My KSO's won't be here until the 15th so I have plenty of time to prep my feet and legs for the transition. If I like running in the KSO's then I'm going to order some Bilkila's, but this time straight from Vibram. I tried to save some money by ordering online & having them shipped to a local store for pick-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Hustle
          I ran 1/4 mi. sprints before work yesterday on my toes and my feet are pretty sore. I warmed up w/ jumping rope and I'm on my feet pretty much the whole time at work too. My KSO's won't be here until the 15th so I have plenty of time to prep my feet and legs for the transition. If I like running in the KSO's then I'm going to order some Bilkila's, but this time straight from Vibram. I tried to save some money by ordering online & having them shipped to a local store for pick-up.

Only way to really prep is to actually run barefoot. You'll work muslces in your calves that aren't normally worked when you wear normal shoes.

Comment

I bought a pair on Thursday and ran a mile today. 3/4th's into my run I felt my calf muscles feeling the burn. The break in period is very important to remember. Love these shoes and won't run in any other shoes from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by sherfield2002
              Thanks. I thought you might run 5k's fairly regularly. Glad to hear it helps your 2 mile though.
              Not officially. I run the same distance at home, just not that strict on time or what not, so it really wasnt a big deal for me to hit the 5k at work.

Comment

Finally got my KSO's today! I put my Injinji socks on in the car, and they didn't feel right. Note to those who are going to order them along with your VFF's; don't put them on in a dark parking lot. LOL! I got home and put them on the right way, and put on my VFF's. The first thing that I noticed is that my big & middle toe fit snug while the other 3 have a little wiggle room at the top. Other than that, they feel pretty comfortable to walk around in. My 16 yr. old son had a good laugh at me, but he thinks Nike Air Force One's are good looking shoes too. I'll be sure to post how my run goes tomorrow morning.

Comment

I ran about 5 miles in my KSO's last night. They were awesome. Like others said, i can feel it in my calves a bit, but my feet don't hurt at all and nor do my shins. I can't wait to run in them again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Nothstein
                    I ran about 5 miles in my KSO's last night. They were awesome. Like others said, i can feel it in my calves a bit, but my feet don't hurt at all and nor do my shins. I can't wait to run in them again tonight.
                    Good, glad you like them. My shins haven't hurt at all...I know when I run in tennis shoes....I feel a slight pain in my shins.

Comment

Originally posted by bdshipley
                      Good, glad you like them. My shins haven't hurt at all...I know when I run in tennis shoes....I feel a slight pain in my shins.
                      yeah same here. my shins feel great. My calves are sore for sure though, but that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Hustle
                        Finally got my KSO's today! I put my Injinji socks on in the car, and they didn't feel right. Note to those who are going to order them along with your VFF's; don't put them on in a dark parking lot. LOL! I got home and put them on the right way, and put on my VFF's. The first thing that I noticed is that my big & middle toe fit snug while the other 3 have a little wiggle room at the top. Other than that, they feel pretty comfortable to walk around in. My 16 yr. old son had a good laugh at me, but he thinks Nike Air Force One's are good looking shoes too. I'll be sure to post how my run goes tomorrow morning.
                        Didn't get a chance to run yesterday morning, but ran this morning. I ran 3 miles and the run felt great!! When running in regular running shoes, I tend to get pains in my lower back no matter how much I warm-up and stretch. In the KSO's, the same pain came briefly, but went away. The difference in running form is going to take some getting use to and I can already feel my calves getting sore. My feet have been sore for the last couple of weeks (on my feet a lot @ work), and running in the KSO's didn't make them any worse. I'm looking forward to my goal of running a half marathon!

Comment

Working...
                        X