Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibram Five Fingers

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Vibram Five Fingers

    So I guess it is up to my future commander. I will ask him next time I stop by the recruiter's office.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Vibr*m Five ******s

      Just m*ke sure *nd bu* *** whi** toe socks m*** *** *** vibr*ms. I'm hurting tod**. Wh** I r** in vibr*ms it works differ**t muscl** *nd l*st night I w**t *** * 2.5 **le sprint/job.

      I m*int*ined h*rd r** *s long *s I could (7 **nu** **le p*ce) ***n w**t to * job **til I c*ught ** bre*th *g*in, *nd w**t b*ck to *** f*st p*ce. Tod** I w**t *** * 2 **le jog *nd could b*r***...*nd I me*n b*r*** finish. ** c*lv** *nd legs were still j**lo from *** l*st night.

      I *lso live in * VER* hill* *re*. *** kind ** hills th*t m*ke *ou swe*t wh** *ou w*lk up ***m. I sprin**d *s f*st *s I could up ***m. *lmost vo****d.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Vibram Five Fingers

        What I was saying is:

        You can buy toe socks to wear while running in VFFs. Just make sure and buy white ones.

        Also, dont be surprised if you experience some soreness in your muscles. You'll work different muscles in your body, you'll be on your toes more and that will cause your calves to hurt.

        I alternate between normal shoes and VFF. Cant run today because I'm too sore from VFF the other day

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Vibram Five Fingers

          Originally posted by show_stopper999
          What I was saying is:

          You can buy toe socks to wear while running in VFFs. Just make sure and buy white ones.

          Also, dont be surprised if you experience some soreness in your muscles. You'll work different muscles in your body, you'll be on your toes more and that will cause your calves to hurt.

          I alternate between normal shoes and VFF. Cant run today because I'm too sore from VFF the other day


          I plan on wearing them around the house/city (don't care if I get laughed at) to get me ready for running in them. I haven't even made it to MEPS yet so no telling when my first APFT will be.

          Hopefully I can even stand wearing them as I broke several toes in BCT back in '97 and they never healed properly.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Vibram Five Fingers

            These shoes are extremely hard to find (at least in good colors) locally. Vibram isn't able to keep up with the demand just yet, but seem to be improving them at the same time. Hopefully I'll be able to get some while in TX for AIT.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Vibram Five Fingers

              Originally posted by Charlie_Hustle
              These shoes are extremely hard to find (at least in good colors) locally. Vibram isn't able to keep up with the demand just yet, but seem to be improving them at the same time. Hopefully I'll be able to get some while in TX for AIT.


              Just order them off their website. That's what I had to do. That way you can get exactly what you want. Mine should be here this week. I am looking forward to trying them out.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                Just got my Vibrams in the mail today. I haven't ran in them yet but I have them on so my toes can get use to them.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                  I highly doubt that Active Duty units are allowing these during record APFT

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                    Originally posted by andrew.tischner
                    I highly doubt that Active Duty units are allowing these during record APFT

                    Just curious, but why wouldn't they allow them if you have white socks as well?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                      Originally posted by andrew.tischner
                      I highly doubt that Active Duty units are allowing these during record APFT
                      It will be interesting to see how things go with these, since there is nothing prohibiting them in the 670-1. Im guessing old school senior ranks will be dead set against them and some young captains will be allowing them in their companies.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                        An LT I know swears by them. His exact words to me were "If you can run in them, you can run in anything" and I agree. I logged 2.75 miles on mine tonight.

                        I have a feeling getting permission to wear them is going to be how you present it (or dont and just show up in them).

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                          Originally posted by show_stopper999
                          An LT I know swears by them. His exact words to me were "If you can run in them, you can run in anything" and I agree. I logged 2.75 miles on mine tonight.

                          I have a feeling getting permission to wear them is going to be how you present it (or dont and just show up in them).

                          I am still trying to get used to mine. All my toes feel great except for the two smallest. I am hoping the muscles start to relax and let them stretch out more (broke them in BCT in 97).

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                            Which style is everybody getting, KSO?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                              Originally posted by RSP NCO
                              It will be interesting to see how things go with these, since there is nothing prohibiting them in the 670-1. Im guessing old school senior ranks will be dead set against them and some young captains will be allowing them in their companies.

                              I doubt 670-1 has anything on this, because when 670-1 was made these "shoes" never excisted.

                              Also the reg would of never mentioned anything except running shoes because there was no other option.

                              Like you said Senior NCOs probably will say no where younger CPTs will say yes (younger CPTs usualy refering to AD as they are alot younger than NG captains historicaly)

                              But the senior NCOs will probably just say to someone that says "it doesnt say you cannot wear them in the reg" He/she will probably say something to the effect of " you cannot take away but can always add to the standard"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                                Originally posted by andrew.tischner
                                I doubt 670-1 has anything on this, because when 670-1 was made these "shoes" never excisted.

                                Also the reg would of never mentioned anything except running shoes because there was no other option.

                                Like you said Senior NCOs probably will say no where younger CPTs will say yes (younger CPTs usualy refering to AD as they are alot younger than NG captains historicaly)

                                But the senior NCOs will probably just say to someone that says "it doesnt say you cannot wear them in the reg" He/she will probably say something to the effect of " you cannot take away but can always add to the standard"

                                technically fivefingers are running shoes. Hmm...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X