Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibram Five Fingers

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Vibram Five Fingers

    Originally posted by Charlie_Hustle
    I'm guessing that like Aqua Socks, you have to order these a couple of sizes smaller than your actual shoe size?
    For reference: I wear a size 10 - 10 1/2 in regular shoes and my vibram five fingers size is 43.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Vibram Five Fingers

      Originally posted by mheathershaw
      For reference: I wear a size 10 - 10 1/2 in regular shoes and my vibram five fingers size is 43.
      Mine too! Wanna hold hands? lol

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Vibram Five Fingers

        I may have to look at getting some of these.... i just have a suspicion they might not be keen on them in OCS

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Vibram Five Fingers

          Well, I have a bit of news:
          a) Apparently these things are really popular, because a lot of their offerings are out of stock.
          b) Apparently I have tiny hobbit feet or something, because based on the sizing directions, they're smallest mens size is still a quarter inch larger than my feet.

          I'm going to re-measure my feet this weekend, and I might end up having to go with a womens size. I'm not sure if I'm secure enough for that, though.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Vibram Five Fingers

            I drove an hour today to a store that had my size. Came home and just put in a mile to try them out. I'm recovering from Rhabdo so I cant push too much, today is the first day in weeks I'm cleared to PT a bit.

            For once I actually feel NO pain in my shins after my run. Normally if I run 2 miles a few times week I have pain even walking. I do have some MUSCLE pain in my calves and ankles, but its pain that is the workout type of pain. Feels like I used a different set of muscles.

            My time was also down too. That says something since I havent been able to PT for two weeks. One of those weeks I was stuck in bed

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Vibram Five Fingers

              They're like magic, huh OC Duncan? Got my wife some yesterday and had to drive across town. The cool thing is we went to the mall close by, they didn't have what my wife needed, but he called his store across town and put two pairs on hold for my wife, luckily, she even got the color she wanted.

              Even REI didn't have them and all they had were the standard color. My wife has the Sprints while I have the KSOs.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                Originally posted by show_stopper999
                I drove an hour today to a store that had my size. Came home and just put in a mile to try them out. I'm recovering from Rhabdo so I cant push too much, today is the first day in weeks I'm cleared to PT a bit.

                For once I actually feel NO pain in my shins after my run. Normally if I run 2 miles a few times week I have pain even walking. I do have some MUSCLE pain in my calves and ankles, but its pain that is the workout type of pain. Feels like I used a different set of muscles.

                My time was also down too. That says something since I havent been able to PT for two weeks. One of those weeks I was stuck in bed

                The question is are they even allowed to be worn on a APFT. i am sure ar 600-7 has something to say about the uniform of shoes

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                  Originally posted by andrew.tischner
                  The question is are they even allowed to be worn on a APFT. i am sure ar 600-7 has something to say about the uniform of shoes
                  That article said that some people ran the PT test barefoot. I'll find it in the reg though.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                    I say if it makes you run better or faster, do it untill someone says otherwise.

                    I hear the SF Guys train with them now so obvious it works.

                    But SF guys also use weapons better than the m16 and m4. So yea.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                      Originally posted by andrew.tischner
                      I say if it makes you run better or faster, do it untill someone says otherwise.

                      I hear the SF Guys train with them now so obvious it works.

                      But SF guys also use weapons better than the m16 and m4. So yea.
                      I haven't met any SF guys who have them, but we support folks wear em, at least my little circle does.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                        So did anyone find out if these are actually authorized? I am very curious about them since I have to run at high altitude (SLC). If I could cut down my run time they would be worth it.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                          These seem to be the new fad at the unit, since this post started. I know of atleast six people that use these daily, and believe me they work. Dont worry about the ones with the straps across the top, you wont need it. We have nicknamed them Deeds Feet, because they look like the black foot from Mr. Deeds.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                            Originally posted by Phantom
                            These seem to be the new fad at the unit, since this post started. I know of atleast six people that use these daily, and believe me they work. Dont worry about the ones with the straps across the top, you wont need it. We have nicknamed them Deeds Feet, because they look like the black foot from Mr. Deeds.

                            I'm about to order a pair of KSO's with either the blue or the black camo. But what does AR 670-1 say about wearing socks with PTs?

                            What style are most of the guys in your unit wearing (style, not color)?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                              Originally posted by Formerly SGT Pflueger
                              I'm about to order a pair of KSO's with either the blue or the black camo. But what does AR 670-1 say about wearing socks with PTs?

                              What style are most of the guys in your unit wearing (style, not color)?

                              Just ordered a pair of KSO blue/gray camo in size 45. Yay!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Vibram Five Fingers

                                Originally posted by Formerly SGT Pflueger
                                I'm about to order a pair of KSO's with either the blue or the black camo. But what does AR 670-1 say about wearing socks with PTs?

                                What style are most of the guys in your unit wearing (style, not color)?
                                AR 670-1 on the IPFU. It says may authorize, but I've never seen anybody allowed to wear anything other than plain white socks that at least cover the ankle.

                                14–3. Accessories
                                a. Commanders may authorize the wear of commercial running shoes, calf-length or ankle-length, plain white socks
                                with no logos, gloves, reflective belts or vests, long underwear, and other items appropriate to the weather conditions
                                and type of activity. If soldiers wear long underwear or other similar items, they must conceal them from view with the
                                hooded sweatshirt and sweat pants when wearing the PFU, or the running jacket and pants if wearing the IPFU.
                                b. Soldiers are authorized to wear commercially purchased gray or black spandex shorts under the PFU or IPFU
                                shorts. The length of the shorts must end above the knee or higher. The commercial shorts must be plain, with no
                                logos, patterns, or obtrusive markings. Soldiers are not required to buy the spandex shorts.
                                Last edited by cyall; May 22nd, 2010, 11:03 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X