X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tactical Gloves

I just got a pair of Oakley gloves yesterday. Has anyone else noticed that the sizes run a bit large? I have small hands, so I got small gloves. The things are noticeably bigger than the size medium Mechanix Wear gloves I have. Gonna have to return them and get the extra small I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by 0844
      I just got a pair of Oakley gloves yesterday. Has anyone else noticed that the sizes run a bit large? I have small hands, so I got small gloves. The things are noticeably bigger than the size medium Mechanix Wear gloves I have. Gonna have to return them and get the extra small I suppose.
      Lol...from their website....

Please note: Oakley glove sizes run small, you may need to order one size larger than you normally wear. Please see size chart below for proper Oakley glove sizing.

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
        Lol...from their website....

Please note: Oakley glove sizes run small, you may need to order one size larger than you normally wear. Please see size chart below for proper Oakley glove sizing.
        Small my a**, lol. Either mine were tagged incorrectly as smalls or that statement is woefully inaccurate.

Comment

I have the Blackhawk SOLAG Kevlar gloves, love 'em.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SOL...,1049,1497.htm

Comment

Originally posted by 0844
            Small my a**, lol. Either mine were tagged incorrectly as smalls or that statement is woefully inaccurate.
            I'm on the other side, too; I think that they run small. I have two pairs - XL and XXL. Prefer the XXL ones.

Comment

The Oakley gloves are no good. Mine melted...zero flash protection. If you are going to spend $40+ there are better options out there.

Comment

Some might laugh...

but during training I use those cheap Mechanix gloves you can find in almost every P/X. I see no sense in getting expensive Oakleys dirty and worn down during IDT.

Comment

Well, somebody's been going through old posts today

That said, I agree. Why spend 40 or 50 on something that is that easily misplaced/stolen? Cheap gloves work just as well and when they wear out, buy new ones because they're cheap. I got some pretty snazzy ACU patterned suede gloves at the PX last year, and gear nerds are always asking me where I got them. They were 8 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D View Post
                    Well, somebody's been going through old posts today

That said, I agree. Why spend 40 or 50 on something that is that easily misplaced/stolen? Cheap gloves work just as well and when they wear out, buy new ones because they're cheap. I got some pretty snazzy ACU patterned suede gloves at the PX last year, and gear nerds are always asking me where I got them. They were 8 dollars.
                    I use the issued rifleman's gloves. Cut the right index finger off so I can write things down more easily with them on, but other than that, they work wonderfully for me. I've had two pairs of the Oakley gloves, and in both pairs, the palms gave out in four weeks and ten days, respectively. Not very sturdy.

Comment

Working...
                    X