X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gloves

I've been looking into getting some tactical gloves for future use in the field. There's a lot of different types out there. There are gloves that keep your hands warm, give your the best grip, gloves that breathe the best, gloves that feel like nothing, gloves that never wear out, the list goes on. From experience, what are the best type of gloves to buy? There are a lot of brands out there. From personal opinions/experience, what would you recommend?

Re: Tactical Gloves

I've always used the nomex flight gloves. Might be better/more expensive options out there.

They've always been durable, not bulky on your hands, sufficient in all around weather conditions and easy to store somewhere.

They're standard issue in some areas.

Comment

Thanks. By the way, GREAT video

Comment

I've got some Oakleys being delivered tomorrow.

Comment

Been using the WileyX CAG gloves, for about a year. I have the permanent hard knuckle but the new ones have the removable one. Doesnt appeal to me, because its more junk to keep track of or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by HeelToeSTi
            I've got some Oakleys being delivered tomorrow.
            I was thinking about getting some oakleys too, but they're a little on the expensive side. Let me know how they do

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
              Been using the WileyX CAG gloves, for about a year. I have the permanent hard knuckle but the new ones have the removable one. Doesnt appeal to me, because its more junk to keep track of or lose.
              Are the gloves themselves alright? I'm looking for gloves that won't be too hard on the hands and that will give me some good grip, as well as keep my hands relatively warm if the weather calls for it.

Comment

They are not designed to keep you warm, strictly for protection of the hand.

Comment

I'm a whole lotta no one, but I do shoot quite a bit.

I wear regular Michanix gloves. They became so popular with shooters that they came out with their own line of tactical gloves...

Hope this helps!
                  Last edited by technique; March 28th, 2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier
                    I was thinking about getting some oakleys too, but they're a little on the expensive side. Let me know how they do
                    They're only $40.00 +shipping if you have registered with U.S. Standard Issue

Comment

Yeah, I've used that site a lot. I'm leaning more towards the oakleys, they make a lot of other good gear. I just want to see what else is out there before I spend my well-earned money

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier
                        Yeah, I've used that site a lot. I'm leaning more towards the oakleys, they make a lot of other good gear. I just want to see what else is out there before I spend my well-earned money
                        I've got a pair of the Oakleys being delievered some time this week. A couple guys in my platoon wore them in Iraq and liked them. I personally used the Hatch Operator Shorty gloves during the deployment and I really liked those, plus they were free. They had a good balance of dexterity and protection. One thing I recommend is to avoid seeking a multi-purpose glove. Tactical gloves should provide flash and abrasion protection while maintaining dexterity enough dexterity to be worn constantly (because you never know when you'll need flash or abrasion protection). This means they have to be pretty thin. If you want warmth, consider getting some good tactical gloves then getting some cold weather gloves a bit larger than you usually wear and use them as an over-glove.

Comment

I've been looking at some review bideos on Youtube, and theres a long series of this one guy talking about a lot of different type of gloves. Mainly, the best type to get, according to him, are gloves that have synthetic leather or synthetic suede and gloves that aren't too thick and can let you breathe. I'm going to steer clear of neoprene gloves because it doesn't breath very well, so far the Oakley SI Assault gloves and some Damascus Gear gloves look like they're the best in functionality and price, all things considered.

Comment

The velcro closure on the Oakley gloves is a little too thin. For $40, you might be able to do better, but mine have held up well through six months of detention facility QRF training.

Comment

I always used nomex flight gloves too. Except I would cut the tip of the index fingure and thumb off, it made using comm/radar eqiupment a little easier for me. Not much protection though...
                              Last edited by kfirm; March 25th, 2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X