X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beret

Well I thought I'd post a few thoughts on the beret. You are welcomed to disagree.

I think the thing is usless. This could be that in my state they use the PC. However, here we enjoy this bliss of the beret.

1) I think it's a fashion acessory, basically that it's non functional

2) The logic of a "more professional" head gear, makes little sense to me.

o We have uniforms with hook and latch and boots that can't be shined

3) That joker is super hot in the sun

*I just thought I would gripe some. I wear it proudly!
    **Yes I never spellcheck
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; July 8th, 2010, 09:02 PM.

Re: The Beret

Preaching to the Choir...

Comment

They had to do it.....how else could we possibly be confused with the Dutch........

Comment

I h a t e the beret. Pointless head gear.

Comment

One thing that also drives me nuts about it (even that it brings the suckage) is the lack of respect people take in it. I don't expect it to lay totally fitted to your head, but some people look like they threw it in the air and caught it on their head and left it as is. An inch above the eyebrows? Most people wear it on one eyebrow and like 3 inches above the other.

Comment

I have not shipped to bt yet but personally I cannot wait to wear it. Again, this speaking from someone who hasn't worn it out in the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by bdshipley
              I have not shipped to bt yet but personally I cannot wait to wear it. Again, this speaking from someone who hasn't worn it out in the sun!
              Wear that beret proudly and neatly because back in the day to wear a beret it meant something. It meant you were apart of the elite that the Army had to offer ie: Abn, Rgr, or SF.

I liken it to little league....you even get a trophy for being in last place. Don't want to people to be left out or heaven forbid have the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

I think General Shinseki thought it would boost morale and esprit de corps. It will take more than a beret to do that.

Comment

At least your not wearing a Blue Beret

Comment

I like it. I am at Ft Rucker, arguably one of the Army's hotter posts, and I don't think it's much hotter to wear than a PC. You gotta shave it down to nothin'. I think it looks sharp and militaryesque when worn and shaped properly. Berets have a long tradition in militaries around the world in utility uniforms.

I just like the way it looks I guess.

Comment

Fashion over function. Bad idea.

The Aussies wear shorts and a hat with a brim. Now that's thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by California Major
                      Fashion over function. Bad idea.

The Aussies wear shorts and a hat with a brim. Now that's thinking.
                      Now why would we need that?? The beret keeps the sun out our eyes so nicely

Comment

I have yet to even be issued a beret or actually put it officially. I bought my own becuase its on my packing list for phase 1 OCS which I leave for in 6 days, but nothing issued.

From what I hear, I need to shower with it on, shape it to my head and shave it as well. Any tips on getting all that done?

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
                          From what I hear, I need to shower with it on, shape it to my head and shave it as well. Any tips on getting all that done?
                          All this for a piece of headgear.....

Comment

It stuffs in a cargo pocket quite nicely...that's a plus.

Comment

Well my dad is a vet and he still has his maroon beret. Every now and then he puts it on to see how it fits and tell stories. So I know how they are supposed to look on a soldier. I just want to make sure that when I do wear it, it looks good, and not like a french pastry chef. I dont think I'm even authorized to wear it yet, but I feel sick inside when I see someone wearing it half arsed.

Comment

Working...
                              X