X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Beret

Nothing wrong with being in fashion. Look at the Marine Corp dress uniform, very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
      The Chaplain made an observation....This is the same observation that the public has witness since Nov. 10th 1775 and truly admires.
      Just as what many do with the Text, you have made some interpolations into my comment.

I was saying that the Marines, "Look" better in public. This does not mean that they "ARE" better.

Perception is not always reality.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
        Nothing wrong with being in fashion. Look at the Marine Corp dress uniform, very nice.
        There is a big difference between fashion and bad ***.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
          it's more colorful and pretty than our **** black ones. I'd much rather wear a blue beret.
          You would say that lol.

Anyway- The beret is pretty useless. Everyone keeps reiterating that it looks good when it's done properly, but do you know how many people actually take the time to do ti properly? Probably 1 our of every 20-25. This is partly due to the ACUs and the trend that those set. Back in BDU's, you had the ability to tell who took pride and who didn't just by looking at them. Starched with creases showed pride. Now in acu's, I hang mine up with a hanger and take care of them, and my soldiers ball them up and throw them in the closet corner till drill. We stand side by side, and they look exactly the same. MADNESS I TELL YOU!!!!!!! lol. but I digress

Comment

I used a electric lint remover to shave mine and it worked wonderfully. Shaping a Beret is a on going process. In my case, by the time I finally got it shaped to my pleasing... I noticed it was starting to fade

I wish more soldiers would take pride in their head gear. Regardless of what head gear you are wearing, take the time to make it look good and wear it with pride.

I personally shape my PC too. I get in wet in really hot water, roll up a towel and place the PC over the towel. Then smooth out the top and let it sit for a couple days. If you do this a few times, even when u have it rolled in your pocket... It will pop back out with a crisp smooth top.

Okay now I'm done going off topic lol....

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Comment

Originally posted by JFBILLUPS
              I used a electric lint remover to shave mine and it worked wonderfully. Shaping a Beret is a on going process. In my case, by the time I finally got it shaped to my pleasing... I noticed it was starting to fade

I wish more soldiers would take pride in their head gear. Regardless of what head gear you are wearing, take the time to make it look good and wear it with pride.

I personally shape my PC too. I get in wet in really hot water, roll up a towel and place the PC over the towel. Then smooth out the top and let it sit for a couple days. If you do this a few times, even when u have it rolled in your pocket... It will pop back out with a crisp smooth top.

Okay now I'm done going off topic lol....

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in.
              Very well said. I haven't tried your method with my PC, but I do iron it along with my ACU's. Old habits are hard to break.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                Even for a Chaplain, Never say your sorry when it comes to Military Decisions, you have a great attitude, stay at it, being excited about your job is nothing to say your sorry about. Not everybody in this world is going to like you or agree with you. Do the best that you can and move on.
                hooah, I get a little excited at times.

I was thinking today, the beret ain't bad. Then I thought, well, yeah, it is. It's like having a solar panel attached to your head.

I have seen some green berets. Wish I had the goods to get one of those.

I hope VA is like OK and wears the PC. The beret is cool when your not standing out in the heat. Mabye in the fall or winter. Ahhhhhhhhh.

CHAPLAINS LEAD THE WAY HOOAH! couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                  I hope VA is like OK and wears the PC. The beret is cool when your not standing out in the heat. Mabye in the fall or winter. Ahhhhhhhhh.

CHAPLAINS LEAD THE WAY HOOAH! couldn't resist.
                  While at Ft Pickett(which is pretty much the only training base), the uniform is PC. Other then that, its pretty much all beret, but some units change it up some. Do you know what unit you're going to transfer to?

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Lowe View Post
                    One thing that also drives me nuts about it (even that it brings the suckage) is the lack of respect people take in it. I don't expect it to lay totally fitted to your head, but some people look like they threw it in the air and caught it on their head and left it as is. An inch above the eyebrows? Most people wear it on one eyebrow and like 3 inches above the other.
                    Pizza pie huh RoLmFaO! wow, reminds me of that 2 star from the 10th MTN Div back in 2005. SMH, wore it like a watch cap with flash centered on his head.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart
                      my battle buddy and I shaved each others beret while in the shower.

< < DISCLAIMER: Don't ask, Don't tell....I am Not a recruiter > >
                      LMFAO good one hahahah DaDT! hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
                        Yes, because besides World Police, we are the Fashion Police.

Get outta here.

OMG hahahhaha this is to funny! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB View Post
                          LOL thats strictily some guy thats color blind, I bet if you look into there uniforms tags, it says: "MADE BY INDUSTRY OF THE BLIND" .

Comment

Teddy, are you trying to match my post count???? 4 messages in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker
                              I do despise the beret and I am very happy that I am in the field now for the next two weeks. I just have to wear my PC. Also, get rid of that rank in the middle of the blouse and put them back on the collar and let officers wear their branch insignia. Its wishful thinking but hopefully they will revert.

Always repealing the wrong things.
                              Really?? I LOVE the beret! I can't wait!.....gotta work on my 'sock bun' though as my hair is super long. I like the idea of the rank movement and branch insignia, but 'they' (the Army) have yet to ask my opinion...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36
                                BRING IT ON!!

I'm ready to embrace the ****; I'll wear it proudly!

HOOAH!
                                He forgot to mention the shaving it, forming it, and waiting until it dries before you can even wear it. It's like caring for a baby lol

Comment

Working...
                                X