X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weather in the woods?

I heard there were chiggers at FLW, do those hibernate or something in the winter?

Comment

There are chiggers, when you're in the field make sure and use the insect repellent they give you around your ankles, I got a mild case and it (still) *****, some guys got it really bad.

Comment

I was just in BCT at FLW from 11MAY to 21JUL, weather oscillated between hot, and hotter. Temps in May were in the mid-80's, the rain cooled it off but then the humidity was off the charts the next day. In June it was routinely in the 90's, by July it was hitting 100 and above more often that it wasn't. I can't think of a day in June or July when we weren't at Heat Cat V uniform at some point during the day / all-day altogether. Best advice I can give anyone going down there is make sure and keep a full camelbak and Canteen at all times and STAY HYDRATED, getting up 3x a night to take a leak is infinetly better than becoming a non-trainer for mising a grad-requirement class because you were a heat casualty.

Comment

When I went the weather alternated a lot but it also rained a ton. Best advice I can give is drink water in the summer and love your wool sweater and gator neck in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by alphamikefoxtrot View Post
            I was just in BCT at FLW from 11MAY to 21JUL, weather oscillated between hot, and hotter. Temps in May were in the mid-80's, the rain cooled it off but then the humidity was off the charts the next day. In June it was routinely in the 90's, by July it was hitting 100 and above more often that it wasn't. I can't think of a day in June or July when we weren't at Heat Cat V uniform at some point during the day / all-day altogether. Best advice I can give anyone going down there is make sure and keep a full camelbak and Canteen at all times and STAY HYDRATED, getting up 3x a night to take a leak is infinetly better than becoming a non-trainer for mising a grad-requirement class because you were a heat casualty.
            Heat casualties always have empty canteens because they did not conserve enough water - it's their own fault.

*the statement above is a joke*
            Last edited by Polo08816; July 26th, 2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I was there for a mild summer but the winter months sucked. It was freezing cold and we always kept moving just to keep feeling in our feet.

Comment

What'd it be like for me? I'll be there from JUL to NOV.
                Does weather effect a whole lot, or are you out doing whatever you do regardless of anything that may be going on with the weather?

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                  What'd it be like for me? I'll be there from JUL to NOV.
                  Does weather effect a whole lot, or are you out doing whatever you do regardless of anything that may be going on with the weather?
                  You can expect that during any extreme weather, your DS's will take the necessary precautions.

Comment

Working...
                  X