Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Privledges in basic @ ft.jackson

Originally posted by 49thadband View Post
    one benefit to being in the hospital during basic was a phone call! Whoohoo! But, I was so hoarse, I did about 90% listening, which was fine anyway.
    The hospital there is the number 1 place you DON'T want to be. Trust me on that one

Comment

I was at Fort Leonard Wood, it was probably like most hospitals, they woke us up to give us medicine. That summer, it seemed like everybody got that virus or whatever was going around. I was so tough, I had mine for a week before I gave in and went on sick call. My fever was 103.6, they sent me to the ARD ward(Acute Respiratory Disease). If I remember correctly, I did get a lot of rest, except for the waking us up in the middle of the night stuff. Was there until my fever went down, four days.

Comment

when i went to Jackson earlier this year we got our phones within 24 hours of arriving at our BCT company, it was for 5 minutes, then we got them the last Sunday of red phase for 10 minutes. then every following Sunday we got them from anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours the last few weeks of training. mind you that there was a platoon in my company that got them no more than 10 minutes a week. it all depends on your company and platoon. have fun Jackson is not too bad.

Comment

Working...
        X