X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privledges in basic @ ft.jackson

I heard that they let u use your cell phone only on the weekends. is this true?
    what else privledges do they have?

Re: Privledges in basic @ ft.jackson

Depends completely on your drill sergeant, post, and infantry/non-infantry.

Everything is subject to change. It's the Army.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Bradley

Spot On.

Also, if they allow phone calls on weekends but your platoon is undisciplined, don't plan on getting to use your phone. Often times, privileges are lost because of your battle buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Bradley

disregard this. Every post has their laid back companies as well as every OSUT. We have had Soldiers come on here from 11B OSUT saying it was vacation and they saw cell phones and passes nearly the entire time and we have had Soldiers come from Jackson who never saw passes or cell phones. It is entirely dependent on your company CO and DS how many privileges you get.

Comment

He's right to a point though. Even if what you say is true, the amount of "free" 11B OSUT guys are far outnumbered. It's a given. It really is.

Comment

i was @ benning, we had 12pm-5pm passes EVERY weekend. Some kind of tests with each company for our cycles they were doing or something like that

Comment

Just go into BCT and expect the worse... no calls, no free time ever. And if/when you get either, you'll be happy. That's the only way to not drive yourself Section 8 thinking about it...

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701
                Just go into BCT and expect the worse... no calls, no free time ever. And if/when you get either, you'll be happy. That's the only way to not drive yourself Section 8 thinking about it...
                yeah, I didn't expect to get any kind of freedom at all, not a phone or anything. So, when I got my 5 minute phone call at the end of week 8 I was excited. I didn't whine and pout about other companies being at the PX using the pay phones. That didn't affect me or my training. That's the most important thing to think about. All the things you do affect you. If you train more and worry about the phone less, you're going to be a more squared away soldier. Trust me, I saw it when me and my buddies got to AIT. We were cleaning house.

Comment

Free pass = time to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Army noob
                    Free pass = time to sleep.
                    LOL..yeah right; You'll be eating pogey bait and chasing quim! Remember there is no rest for the wicked.

Comment

Basically just go there thinking that your doom awaits you and abandon all hope

Comment

free pass = time to sleep? Man, I got the short end of the stick. I got two phone calls during basic, they were only a minute long each on a pay phone, and you had to wait in line for like 2 hours to use it. And if you were caught sleeping at ANY time between 0430 and 2100, you would not be a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                          Basically just go there thinking that your doom awaits you and abandon all hope
                          They should put that at the Sand Hill gates.

"Abandon hope all ye who enter"

Comment

i ship at 20110628 who else is shipping out with me??

Comment

one benefit to being in the hospital during basic was a phone call! Whoohoo! But, I was so hoarse, I did about 90% listening, which was fine anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X