X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation for people attending Graduation

I was wanting to know how most of the people's family/friends got to Ft. Benning to attend their graduation. I am asking because to my knowledge the closest airport is at Atlanta right? So if they wanted to fly they would have to rent a car and drive about 3 hours to get to Benning correct? Did most people that visited you just drive there?
    Thanks,
    Jake

Re: Transportation for people attending Graduation

Originally posted by JCBarlow View Post
    I was wanting to know how most of the people's family/friends got to Ft. Benning to attend their graduation. I am asking because to my knowledge the closest airport is at Atlanta right? So if they wanted to fly they would have to rent a car and drive about 3 hours to get to Benning correct? Did most people that visited you just drive there?
    Thanks,
    Jake
    There's an airport right near benning. when you fly you don't fly to ATL, you fly to a rinky dink airport about 30-45 min from post. That's where people land. I'm not sure of the name of it though, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
      There's an airport right near benning. when you fly you don't fly to ATL, you fly to a rinky dink airport about 30-45 min from post. That's where people land. I'm not sure of the name of it though, anyone?
      So why do trainees fly to Atlanta? Must be a contract thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JCBarlow View Post
        Thanks, Jake
        Most families ruck from Hotlanta.

Comment

Starting Location

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)Edit
          Atlanta, GA 30320

Ending Location
          Fort Benning, GA Edit

Total Travel Estimate: 1 hour 47 minutes / 106.12 miles
          Last edited by Wobbly Emu; November 16th, 2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

the airport in columbus is muscogee county airport. not many large planes fly into there so most people would be better off to fly to atlanta. like wobbly emu said its less than a two hour drive from atlanta. there are shuttles that run to columbus/ft benning all day long

Comment

Originally posted by shill286 View Post
              the airport in columbus is muscogee county airport. not many large planes fly into there so most people would be better off to fly to atlanta. like wobbly emu said its less than a two hour drive from atlanta. there are shuttles that run to columbus/ft benning all day long
              They do offer shuttles from the Atl airport to Benning?

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm trying to get this worked out for my wife before I leave in Jan.

Comment

yes they do have shuttles that go from atlanta to ft benning. I don't know exactly what company that is or who to contact but I know that they have the shuttles. I'm sure these are not free as they are private companies. I believe the company is Groome Transportaion. I hope you find what you need for your wife!

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.groometransportation.com/..._ftbenning.htm

Looks like roundtrip will run you $72 per person.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X