X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about reception

I'm shipping out next Tuesday. Can't wait to get through 30th and get down range....I'm psyced.

Comment

As many other here have mentioned, Reception will most likely be the worst experience that you have in the military. It was for me at least.

Comment

30th AG is HE!! on earth! We got stuck there for 12 days. We were done with processing by day 4. So, we we were either in formation or in the classroom sleeping for 8 days. 500 guys stuffed into a classroom with half of us sleeping at the desks while the other half was sleeping on the class floor or in the showers in the bathroom. The "At Ease!" alarm kepts us from getting messed with too much, but after day 6 or so we hardly ever seen any DS. Not that it really mattered. Recepetion DS are all show.

I actually threw out my back from sleeping on the floor and standing at attention for hours on end. My back got better when I got to actually do some physical activity once OSUT finally started.

Just remember once you get to OSUT everyone's experience is different and it is what you make of it. It's a rollercoaster ride of emotion and the sooner you embrace the s u c k the better off you will be. At least you will be able to look back and be thankful your not at 30th AG.

Comment

You can't do any PT during reception? Jeez, I planned on taking it easy the day before I ship, but maybe I'll go for an extra long run instead

Comment

Working...
          X