X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about reception

I ship for OSUT on Feb 1st. but on my contract it says my start date is Feb 11th. Does that mean I'm going to be stuck in reception for 10 days? Is that start date set in stone, or is it subject to change? 10 days seems like a long time to be stuck in 30th AG.

Re: Question about reception

It could be.....it's really like 9 days.

It will be fun and you will get paid for the extra service.

And it will give you some extra time to adjust before training starts so it's not that bad.

Comment

I had a date listed to return to MEPS and ship and we didnt end up going for two days after that. It could change by a day or two before then. They might hold you at MEPS for a day or two also. You will learn to get out of that frame of mind eventually. It was a hard one for me to get. Just cuz it says something, or others did it one way.... everything changes and nothing is for sure until it happens. You have to have an open mind like that and not count days/hours in cases like that, it will change likely so you just dont channel everything into counting on that exact date. I laughed when we got training on how Middle Eastern people dont really make appointments like...Monday at 1400 until 1600 there will be a meeting.... no its... in a few days we will get together for an undetermined amount of time, and it might not be a few days maybe it will be a week.... they train you to prepare for it....well I was thinking.....and how is this different then the Army? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
        It could be.....it's really like 9 days.

It will be fun and you will get paid for the extra service.

And it will give you some extra time to adjust before training starts so it's not that bad.
        Fun? Ummmm, okk. lol. But he is right that it will give you time to adjust. Just don't become complacent in those days, they are usually not too bad to you there. The rude awakening comes soon after

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was just curious. I really don't mind the extra time. I've just heard a lot of stories about how long and boring reception can be.

Comment

the sad thing is if you've been running on a regular schedule before you ship, and then if you have to sit around for nine days without running, you're running time is gonna be slower than you want for your diagnostic PT test.

Comment

!0 days is nothing. I got stuck in reception for two weeks. some guys were there even longer. reception *****. its the worst part of bct. Its boring as ****.

Comment

Feb 11 sounds accurate. If it's anything like a year ago, they hold you there until the following Friday. Don't plan on doing much constructive the first two weeks.

Comment

Just to add my $0.02 here. Reception *****. It was by far the worst part of BCT for me. So boring, sitting around doing pretty much nothing after the first 3 days. I was there for nearly two weeks. You couldn't PT, all the idiots running around waiting to get sent home for one reason or another. By the 4th day, I couldn't wait to get down range and get yelled at by the DS's.

Comment

Originally posted by knelson View Post
                    Just to add my $0.02 here. Reception *****. It was by far the worst part of BCT for me. So boring, sitting around doing pretty much nothing after the first 3 days. I was there for nearly two weeks. You couldn't PT, all the idiots running around waiting to get sent home for one reason or another. By the 4th day, I couldn't wait to get down range and get yelled at by the DS's.
                    Hooah! Made my nose burn with diet mt dew; LOL. Your gonna make a fine Officer.

Comment

This is the best description of 30th AG ever! I'll never forget the day we finally got out of that hole and moved on to our enjoyable **********.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC View Post
                        Hooah! Made my nose burn with diet mt dew; LOL. Your gonna make a fine Officer.
                        Diet mt dew? thats not hardcore Marine! lol

Comment

Originally posted by jrsdaddy View Post
                          Diet mt dew? thats not hardcore Marine! lol
                          Perhaps not at 0900 but when it is "bud thirty" I like it with seagrams seven

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC View Post
                            Perhaps not at 0900 but when it is "bud thirty" I like it with seagrams seven
                            Now thats hardcore, Get some Marine! I was referring to the "diet"

Comment

Originally posted by apagea99 View Post
                              This is the best description of 30th AG ever! I'll never forget the day we finally got out of that hole and moved on to our enjoyable **********.
                              Yeah, that was a fun day, for sure. What was the name of your DS who wore the Vibram 5 Finger shoes? He was on our bus from 30th over to the 3/47 starship.

Comment

Working...
                              X