Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APFT's during BCT.

Hi guys,
    Could you please tell me how many APFT's "events" i should expect during BCT?

Re: APFT's during BCT.

Originally posted by robert178 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Depends on the unit. You could do alot of "diagnostic" APFTs. But either way, you will be doing regular PT everyday so you will def be in shape for them

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
      Depends on the unit. You could do alot of "diagnostic" APFTs. But either way, you will be doing regular PT everyday so you will def be in shape for them
      Thanks for fast reply. I was thinking about full graded PT's with 2 mile timed run.

Comment

Originally posted by robert178 View Post
        Hi guys,
        During 20 weeks of 31B OSUT, we had five (I think). Expect a 1-1-1 very early on and two more 2-2-2 graded events during BCT. AIT varies.

Comment

Yeah I would expect anywhere from 4-6 unless you have a really long AIT. They will likely have a make up PT test in there too for whoever fails the final.

YMMV.

Comment

Like others said, it depends on actual company you end up in. Four years ago we started out with a 1-1-1, then a diagnostic APFT, then three more after that. Had to pass each one but REALLY had to pass the last one to graduate.

Comment

Yeah...in reviewing the PT cards of PVTs coming back from training, most seem to do a diagnostic every 2 weeks.

Comment

Thanks guys - great info!

Comment

what is your MOS....I am still in Ft. Benning. I just got done with BCT...now as OCS......basic was easy...but I was in decent shape before I left. You really do a crawl, walk, run phases....most of the time is spent in crawl/walk. There are a lot of guys out of shape. And the PT is really easy in the morning. Getting smoked ("corrective training") is what really gets you in shape. You do 1 diagnostic APFT...and 3 regular ones after that. you only need 50% on everything. My age bracked was 22-26. Min. pushups=34...Min. Situps=41....and Run=17:30!! TOO EASY....

Comment

Originally posted by jmls1987 View Post
                    what is your MOS....I am still in Ft. Benning. I just got done with BCT...now as OCS......basic was easy...but I was in decent shape before I left. You really do a crawl, walk, run phases....most of the time is spent in crawl/walk. There are a lot of guys out of shape. And the PT is really easy in the morning. Getting smoked ("corrective training") is what really gets you in shape. You do 1 diagnostic APFT...and 3 regular ones after that. you only need 50% on everything. My age bracked was 22-26. Min. pushups=34...Min. Situps=41....and Run=17:30!! TOO EASY....
                    I'm 11B. My age bracket is 36. I can do 62 correct push-ups and 60 sit-ups. Run time 15:45 on average, but i can run below 16:00 only every other day. If you will push me to run 2 miles every day i will dip in to the 16:30 level...

Comment

I heard fort benning does not do the 1-1-1 in reception anymore. Does anyone know if this is true? If they do not do the 1-1-1 then how do they determine if you have to go to physical training before starting basic? I can do the push ups and sit ups with ease but my run is a little slow however I am working on that.

Comment

They didn't for me last year. Just straight to training. If you're not in shape and you're not improving, you'll get recycled.

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering because I hurt my knee running and after an MRI the doc said there was no damage but don't run anymore before I leave. I ship may 9th and am worried I will lose all the gains I achieved on my run time. I am still doing push UPS and sit UPS and thought about cycling on the stationary bike in the gym. Any info on osut at Benning would be appreciated.

Comment

This is just a guess...but whether you do one or not could depend on who the commander is in charge of the reception unit and if he/she wishes it done. Or it could all come down to scheduling.

Best advice: Just be prepared to take one regardless of what you read/hear from the Joe line.

Comment

Working...
                            X