X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M16 Qualification Question?

Can you tell me what the guidelines are to qualify as an Expert with an M-16? i.e., distance, number of targets, time, etc. Thanks.

Re: M16 Qualification Question?

Originally posted by Andrew_Rink View Post
    Can you tell me what the guidelines are to qualify as an Expert with an M-16? i.e., distance, number of targets, time, etc. Thanks.
    Guidlines? Doesn't matter which targets you hit distancewise. You just have to get 36 to qualify expert. Paper targets or pop ups, doesn't matter anymore. 23-29 is marksman, 30-35 is sharpshooter, and 36-40 expert.

Comment

36 on a Pop Up range, I believe there are different regs for expert on a Paper (Alt C) qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
        36 on a Pop Up range, I believe there are different regs for expert on a Paper (Alt C) qualification.
        Yeah...unless it has changed, it is different for paper. I qual'd on paper range in 05 and it was 38 to get expert.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          Yeah...unless it has changed, it is different for paper. I qual'd on paper range in 05 and it was 38 to get expert.
          I qualified expert with 39 this past FY on paper. Got a 39/40, but the range cadre stated 36 was expert.

Comment

Yes, it has changed. It is no longer different for paper targets. I don't know what regulation it is, but trust me, it's changed to be the same for either or now. If I can find the new reg I will post it here.

**EDIT** I do agree that its dumb to shoot the same on paper though, you cant really miss... Even if you aren't zeroed you can hit another picture on the **** target lol

Comment

All things are based on unit SOP (cough cough No Body fails). I have seen a unit not even get on paper, but its amazing how names end up on extra qual targets or pencils fall off a table and poke holes in all the right spots. Long story short, if you fail on a weapons qual outside of Basic, then you have tainted someones cheerios. I did find this link, but remember its up to the individuals Unit SOP.

http://www.usu.edu/armyrotc/Tools/25...RANGE-CMDS.pdf

Comment

6-94. Qualification ratings for the 25-meter scaled target alternate course are shown in Table 6-17.
                Table 6-17. Qualification ratings for the 25-meter scaled target alternate course.
                QUALIFICATION
                RATINGS
                NUMBER OF
                TARGETS HIT
                Expert 36 to 40
                Sharpshooter 30 to 35
                Marksman 23 to 29
                Unqualified 22 and below
                FM 3-22.9, C1
                Last edited by boeckjames; July 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by boeckjames View Post
                  6-94. Qualification ratings for the 25-meter scaled target alternate course are shown in Table 6-17.
                  Table 6-17. Qualification ratings for the 25-meter scaled target alternate course.
                  QUALIFICATION
                  RATINGS
                  NUMBER OF
                  TARGETS HIT
                  Expert 36 to 40
                  Sharpshooter 30 to 35
                  Marksman 23 to 29
                  Unqualified 22 and below
                  FM 3-22.9, C1
                  Pretty sure the OP figured this out in the past 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X