Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 11B!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another 11B!

    Hi guys,
    I enlisted on September 29th and decided to go for 11B. My ship date is January 12th but training at Benning will start on 21st (according to my orders). So it looks like i will be stuck at processing for 9 long days...before joining this forum i have read tons of good posts and comments about OSUT at Benning. It sounds like this is the good old school hard *** approach which i don't mind - at age 36 i hope to get best training possible so if i will get shipped to Afghanistan (or any other "exotic" location) i can be asset to my team and not liability...please let me know if anyone else is going to be there on the same date...

  • #2
    Re: Another 11B!

    Awesome. Good luck and stay motivated.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Another 11B!

      Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      Awesome. Good luck and stay motivated.
      Trust me I'm highly motivated! I have also a great deal of appreciation to my wife and kids becuase they are all very supportive on this...Now we will see how much my company management is going to "love me" after i will deliver to them my orders...i got appoitment set already for Friday on this...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Another 11B!

        I have the same ship date as you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Another 11B!

          Have fun on drill weekends! ......

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Another 11B!

            Originally posted by JCBarlow View Post
            I have the same ship date as you.
            Hi,
            So you got the same "ship date"? I have to report at Fort Benning on 2011_01_12. I will be coming out from MEPS in Chicago, so i guess they will fly me from O'Hare to Atlanta and then shuttle bus to Benning. Where you flying from? Maybe they will place us in the same platoon...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Another 11B!

              Originally posted by robert178 View Post
              Hi,
              So you got the same "ship date"? I have to report at Fort Benning on 2011_01_12. I will be coming out from MEPS in Chicago, so i guess they will fly me from O'Hare to Atlanta and then shuttle bus to Benning. Where you flying from? Maybe they will place us in the same platoon...
              Same deal with me I report to benning on the 12th, on my paperwork I got it says 20110110 on it the guy tried to explain to me but it was a little unclear but he kept stressing I will be at ft.benning on the 12th. So I guess the other 2 days are MEPs or something I don't know maybe someone can chime in. I'm from the Tulsa, OK area but if I leave after MEPs I imagine I'll be flying outta Okla City.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Another 11B!

                Originally posted by JCBarlow View Post
                Same deal with me I report to benning on the 12th, on my paperwork I got it says 20110110 on it the guy tried to explain to me but it was a little unclear but he kept stressing I will be at ft.benning on the 12th. So I guess the other 2 days are MEPs or something I don't know maybe someone can chime in. I'm from the Tulsa, OK area but if I leave after MEPs I imagine I'll be flying outta Okla City.
                You are correct about MEPS night. Night before i will have to go to MEPS hotel as well...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Another 11B!

                  Originally posted by robert178 View Post
                  You are correct about MEPS night. Night before i will have to go to MEPS hotel as well...
                  Isn't this MEPs visit a relatively quick one? Pretty much height and weight and making sure nothing major has happened since your last visit?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Another 11B!

                    Originally posted by JCBarlow View Post
                    Isn't this MEPs visit a relatively quick one? Pretty much height and weight and making sure nothing major has happened since your last visit?
                    Yes it should be quick, they should give us tickets and "free" ride to the airport. However as with MEPS we have to check in to the hotel night before...i guess Uncle Sam wants to be sure we are going to report to Benning on time...;-)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Another 11B!

                      You my friend, are the man!! I am a married 40 y/o father of three who regrets not serving every day. Still working out the details. If theres a chance I can get in, Im in. I work for local govt so they should be ok, we'll see. More importantly, best of luck to you and your family!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Another 11B!

                        Originally posted by papa21 View Post
                        You my friend, are the man!! I am a married 40 y/o father of three who regrets not serving every day. Still working out the details. If theres a chance I can get in, Im in. I work for local govt so they should be ok, we'll see. More importantly, best of luck to you and your family!!
                        Hi Papa21,
                        Make sure to keep your wife in the loop whole time on this. Remember Mama not happy, nobody is happy. I took my wife with me to the recruiter so she can hear it first hand (ear) what risk of deployment is (basically 100%). She also fully understands that we are at war now...we have lost one guy from National Guard from our Village already (Joshua Harris - RIP). But if this is really what you want to do, go for it before time will run out on you...good luck and thanks for your support!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Another 11B!

                          Papa, you have good head on your shoulders. Main goal for you is to get in the door. Then once you are in, get what you want. Father Time, isnt slowing down, but you can side step him, if you play a good chess game. Best of luck to all of you.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X