X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT Test in Reception Question

On my 1-1-1 I did 45 PU 40 SU and had 10:30 min mile time.

Obviously my run isn't up to par.

Do I goto fitness camp (or pt everyday) or will they push me through to basic considering the other scores?

Ive read numerous conflicting accounts on this on google and the search. Any recent light on this matter?
    Last edited by Bingo; September 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM.

Re: PT Test in Reception Question

Originally posted by Bingo View Post
    On my 1-1-1 I did 45 PU 40 SU and had 10:30 min mile time.

Obviously my run isn't up to par.

Do I goto fitness camp (or pt everyday) or will they push me through to basic considering the other scores?

Ive read numerous conflicting accounts on this on google and the search. Any recent light on this matter?
    I could be wrong but you will be most likely sent right off to Basic Training. I know in the Marine Corp they send people to a two week fitness camp.

Comment

Nobody can say for sure as it depends on location and the DS staff. They might send you to a fitness unit, they might write you off (if you're close) and send you down range anyway or they might let you do a retake.

Avoid the confusion and just be prepared to pass it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Nobody can say for sure as it depends on location and the DS staff. They might send you to a fitness unit, they might write you off (if you're close) and send you down range anyway or they might let you do a retake.

[B][U]Avoid the confusion and just be prepared to pass it.[U][B]
        Excellent advice. Don't 1/2 step give it your all!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post

Avoid the confusion and just be prepared to pass it.
          Absolutely.

Ive been trying, I am not a natural runner. I have made improvements though. I will do it eventually. So i guess the final answer, is, its the discretion of the DS there. Lol Ill update with the latest information on Xmas Exodus when I get back then.

Comment

1 mile really shouldn't be a problem. You need to step up your game. I was never a good PT runner (minus company runs), but I managed the 1 miler.

The consequence of failing is a surprisingly good motivator.

Comment

We didnt have a 1-1-1 in Reception so no one went to fat camp. That was three years ago...this week actually, at Fort Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
                We didnt have a 1-1-1 in Reception so no one went to fat camp. That was three years ago...this week actually, at Fort Jackson.
                Wow....from a shower shoe to a combat boot...thats impressive! You've come a long way babe (virginia slims)!

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC View Post
                  Wow....from a shower shoe to a combat boot...thats impressive! You've come a long way babe (virginia slims)!
                  lol ................................................. I can see it now, you with that hot looking smoke sitting there in your short skirt with your legs crossed looking s e xy taking a hit from that loooooong smoke you have your pretty fingers around

oh you meant me...

Comment

You will run a lot faster, when you run with a large group and not realize it. I can't stand. PT test runs either, I can jog for a few hours but timed runs I just don't like

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                      You will run a lot faster, when you run with a large group and not realize it. I can't stand. PT test runs either, I can jog for a few hours but timed runs I just don't like
                      Exactly I have to say that the only hard thing about the PT test is the 2 mile run

Comment

Like ive said since the very beginning and it sounds stupid. Everybody always asks why im all hyped up for the pt test, I get in the zone.

You got to think in your head "Slay the Dragon"

Yea im a freak but it helps me max my stuff everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                          Exactly I have to say that the only hard thing about the PT test is the 2 mile run
                          You get what you put into it! Thats why you train for 4-5 miles at a time and then when it's APFT time you run 2 miles you barely break a sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC View Post
                            You get what you put into it! Thats why you train for 4-5 miles at a time and then when it's APFT time you run 2 miles you barely break a sweat.
                            On a run that's like 6 or 7 miles, the hardest part is the first mile...for me anyways. After that it feels like I could just run at the same pace forever and I usually stop because I run out of road...I'm back near home and the road going the other way gets so dangerous that I wouldnt run on it in the best conditions.

The two miler just seems closer to a sprint. I always have crappy time except when it comes time for a PT test. I'm interested to see how bumping up my run distance to 7 or 8 miles at a time will help with my two mile run.

I'm also working on speed training now and then, so I wonder how it will mix.

Comment

Cross train in interval running, fartlek, and plyometrics. Excellent ways to boost your running and fitness level. Only way to get better at running is RUNNING.

Start incorporating these techniques, keep a good logs/rec and within 4-6 weeks you'll see improvement. Very important to warm up and cool down especially as you age.

Modentor your diet and eat properly! Your not a teenager anymore you know! Drink adult beverages in moderation...no more masquerading as CAPT MORGAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X