Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Benning questions!

I leave for benning osut sept 07.

I had a few questions for anyone whos recently went to benning.

1. spiders - i have a terrible fear of spiders (i realize how lame that is) but ive heard so many rumors about the spiders. like how often do you see them? and have you seen them in the barracks.

2. i did 43 pushups 35 sit ups and a 17:38 second 2 mile run at the last rsp drill.
    will i be okay physically at basic?

3. if anyone has any tips or useful info about osut at benning itd be greatly appreciated.

Re: Ft. Benning questions!

1. During 7day FTX you will be sleeping with them, not very many in bays, but expect to find some when you go to ranges and things like that

2. you will be... decent... your going to hurt no matter what.. its what its ment to do.. dont sweat it just push your self 120% everytime

3. its okay to touch the DS's hat.. even try it on and take pictures with if they leave it out in the Bay...

When you get issued weapon, compass all that stuff ask for a PRC-7 they only hand it out if you ask for it..

Comment

when you were there, did you see anyone who had gotten bit?

and yeah ill totally touch the DI's hat lol.

Comment

also, does anyone know the deal on cell phones? will we get them for good conduct, sundays or at ait?

Comment

Spiders are everywhere at Benning. They say its the heat that drives them indoors where it is cooler. There has been numerous reports on them. One private had to go to the doc because of a ear ache, come to find out a small spider and crawled in his ear and set up shop while he slept. There was another case a year ago, in October I think, of a Black Widow that was in a soldiers cargo pocket while on a FTX, he fell out of a Road March because of leg spasms. They said it had bitten through the pants and laid its eggs in his thigh!!! Creepy!! They had to cut out all the infected tissue, and leave it open to drain, that had to be nasty. There is Brown Recluse, there but you dont see them that much. Just be careful and shake your bunk out before you crawl into it, some guys tied Tshirts around their heads to prevent this but that probably extreme, just ask for a bottom bunk , away from the ceilings and you should be good.

Comment

While your at it.. ask for the DS bedside turndown service... its free..

Comment

I'm not even sure how to respond to this besides to say.... WTF?!?!?!?!

Sorry, just got back from there and the questions you ask are not even worth the consideration and will get none... Especially on Sand Hill...

Comment

Had a brown recluse incident in my platoon when I was there.

Comment

Spiders at Benning are nothing compared to the Tarantulas at Sill. Just saying. Those bastards are scary.

Comment

Originally posted by azIce
                    I'm not even sure how to respond to this besides to say.... WTF?!?!?!?!

Sorry, just got back from there and the questions you ask are not even worth the consideration and will get none... Especially on Sand Hill...

obviously you dont have a fear of spiders then.

and thanks for all the info guys.

guess im just gonna have to deal with it.

im sure ill be too busy the first few weeks to notice much anyway.

Comment

Let me help you with your fear....

Please scroll down.....

Comment

What is all the fuss? They have to eat too!

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
                          Let me help you with your fear....

Please scroll down.....

haha thank you.

Comment

I just got back from Ft. Benning my self last week. I was in Fox CO 1-19th INF Brigade. So no ******** from me.

1. Answer: I have a fear of spiders too, and yes you will run into them during your time at Ft. Benning. You will DEF run into A LOT of spiders during your Land navigation coarse, especially if your the lead man. You might see a Boars den too, That was pretty epic lol. But hey man, its nature and you just get to the point were you don't even notice them and dont give two shits cause you have a **** mission to complete ! Now the fire ants are what you have to worry about lol. seriously no joke. Now spiders in the bays? If you have spiders in the bays then blame it on the buddy F'ers from last cycle but you should be good on that.

2. i did 43 pushups 35 sit ups and a 17:38 second 2 mile run at the last rsp drill.
                            will i be okay physically at basic?

Your probably going to be Suckin a lot if you don't work on the PT stats you're presenting. Think you know how to do a proper push-up? Wait till you go to actual Basic. They will make you learn in a hot minute. Seriously, I did 54 push-ups at my 3rd RSP, then when I did my pre APFT 1-1-1 at Basic? I only got 32 soooo. You have to work on your sit ups bro. Throw your self back on the mat when you do sit ups. trust me it helps, I got 78 sit-ups that way on my last APFT and I had a fever. Your run time? DUDE WORK ON THAT. Your going to be suckin A LOT when you go down range bro I'm tellin you. I got a 14:54 on my first 2-2-2 and I was suckin for the first 3 or 4 weeks. I had BCT from June 9th till early August, so you'll be suckin a lil less than my company did, but it still will be HOT. DRINK WATER...

But dude don't worry, they will get you in shape so that you can have *** with the lights on. I went from 32 push-ups in two minutes, to 48 push-ups. 48 sit-ups in two minutes, to 78. And 14:54 for 2 mile, to a 14:09. Your in better shape than a lot of kids that are there fa show. Some kids couldn't even do 13 push-ups in 1 minute in my company. Yea Ik right? The Heat will be bad dude, especially during shark attack and red phase. But don't worry, your body will adapt to the environment and you will **** less. Don't quit at the first site of pain like 90% of the recruits there, push your body to the limit, your body will repair its self ! When they smoke you? Don't be the guy in the back that rests on his knees when the drill sgt says "Half right, face! Front-leaning rest position, move!" cause he's the one that will be failing the final APFT and getting an ELS. They smoke you for a Reason !!! And sound off while you get smoke ! Get motivated every time. Motivation is the key to success at Ft. benning. They smoke you not only to instill muscle memory, but to get you better results on your PT tests. Again, don't quit at the first sight of pain, your drill sgt will pick that up in a quick minute.

3. if anyone has any tips or useful info about osut at benning itd be greatly appreciated.

Keep your head low, try your best, stay motivated, pay attention, drink water, drink water, drink water, help your battle buddy out, don't be a bitchy whinny private. Respect the cadre. have fun. and GOD SPEED !

Comment

Working...
                            X