Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just graduated Ft. Benning, non OSUT, will answer questions.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just graduated Ft. Benning, non OSUT, will answer questions.

hey guys, i just graduated from Ft. Benning, non OSUT, and will answer any questions anyone has about non OSUT BCT questions I can.

Re: Just graduated Ft. Benning, non OSUT, will answer questions.

When were you able to fly back home? Like, the next day? And did you get to go home or you had to report to your unit first?

Comment

Originally posted by sandyeggo
      When were you able to fly back home? Like, the next day? And did you get to go home or you had to report to your unit first?
      I was non OSUT, meaning I did not go Infantry. I am sitting at the air port getting ready to report to AIT

Comment

Do you by any chance know the address to B Co 2/47?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-O
          Think I might've found it. PM sent.

Comment

Thank you. I just have to complete BCT then come home.

We had a PVT at our RSP drill this weekend who just completed BCT and AIT tell us that people who just had to complete BCT flew home the next day, the same as if they had to report to AIT or OSUT.

Thanks again and congrats on completing BCT.

I'll be there soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-O
              I've seen alot of this question recently... You guys will get the address when you get there, Day 1 of basic. While in reception you still have access to pay phones. Don't worry guys(/girls), you are not on another planet. You will have ways to get in contact with your friends and family. I even heard that depending on your MOS you get to keep your cell phones during AIT now. Which is crazy, but true. I know for sure MP school is one of those

Comment

I just graduated osut last week, about 80% of sand hill had their cell phones from day 1 to use on personal time. All of the non infantry mos' anyways. Also most infantry battalions or the ones they call "low stress" now, had their phones during ait. The company I was in only got about 5, 5 minute phone calls the whole cycle. I saw my cell phone on my weekend pass after 9 weeks, then not again until after turning blue. I did have my cell phone throughout reception though. It really all depends on your company commander and 1sg. You may get your address in reception, you may not. Check facebook for the company page you might find some info on there.
                Last edited by np_02; June 14th, 2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smwoodward
                  hey guys, i just graduated from Ft. Benning, non OSUT, and will answer any questions anyone has about non OSUT BCT questions I can.
                  I will be there in Oct., since you were non infantry, how long were you there all together, and is it true what everyone says about people with non infantry Mos' having it better than the others?

Comment

Working...
                  X