X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation Ceremony

I'm trying to figure out when my family would come to Benning. Would they come down at the end of BCT or is there a ceremony at the end of OSUT?

Re: Graduation Ceremony

Originally posted by azIce
    I'm trying to figure out when my family would come to Benning. Would they come down at the end of BCT or is there a ceremony at the end of OSUT?
    yes. your DS will give you that info.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
      yes. your DS will give you that info.
      How does this answer the OPs question?

I'm pretty sure the "important" time for Infantry is the turning blue ceremony? Family is allowed to attend this, right?

I don't want to just wait for my DS to tell me a month before when plane tickets have went through the roof.

Prior Planning Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance.

Comment

Originally posted by mheathershaw
        How does this answer the OPs question?

I'm pretty sure the "important" time for Infantry is the turning blue ceremony? Family is allowed to attend this, right?

I don't want to just wait for my DS to tell me a month before when plane tickets have went through the roof.

Prior Planning Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance.
        Perhaps alot can happen (change) within that month. People get injured, recycled, or fail a APFT. Remember in the suck....EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

but I get your thinking...My favorite saying back in the day was; Your lack of planning doesn't constitue an emergency on my behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
          Perhaps alot can happen (change) within that month. People get injured, recycled, or fail a APFT. Remember in the suck....EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

but I get your thinking...My favorite saying back in the day was; Your lack of planning doesn't constitue an emergency on my behalf.
          I use that with my kids and employees all the time.

I don't know how early I would buy tickets, but I would like to be able to at least have a good idea knowing that things can change as far as dates. Still, it's either at the end of BCT or the end of OSUT. Dates may change but the graduation from one or the other won't.

Comment

I'm assuming it's after OSUT since on the Benning site it talks about Gold Phase with this info:

Gold Phase Schedule
            Eagle Skills Assessment
            Turning Blue Ceremony
            Graduation Ceremony

And these are scheduled start and end dates for OSUT that I will be doing.

B/3-330 2-19 16-Apr-10 23-Jul-10
            D/1-50 3-330 16-Apr-10 23-Jul-10

Comment

@azIce: How did you figure out which training unit you'd be part of? Did they tell you?

My ship date is 20100524, and I found the following dates on the Ft. Benning website:

D/1-50 3-330 28-May-10 3-Sep-10
              A/2-58 2-58 28-May-10 10-Sep-10
              TBD 192d 28-May-10 29-Jul-10
              A/2-54 2-54 4-Jun-10 10-Sep-10
              TBD 192d 4-Jun-10 5-Aug-10

I guess it may not be realistic to be able to determine my time in 30th AG... but what would be your best educated guess?

EDIT: I'm actually thinking it would be the one bolded.

Comment

@azIce: How did you figure out which training unit you'd be part of? Did they tell you?

My ship date is 20100524, and I found the following dates on the Ft. Benning website:

D/1-50 3-330 28-May-10 3-Sep-10
                A/2-58 2-58 28-May-10 10-Sep-10
                TBD 192d 28-May-10 29-Jul-10
                A/2-54 2-54 4-Jun-10 10-Sep-10
                TBD 192d 4-Jun-10 5-Aug-10

I guess it may not be realistic to be able to determine my time in 30th AG... but what would be your best educated guess?

EDIT: I'm actually thinking it would be the one bolded.
                No, those are the only two classes for the date OSUT starts for me. I don't know which one, but I know it will be one of them.

Your reservation docs will show your start dates including your 30th start date.

My reception start date is 20100412 and my bct start date is 20100416.

Comment

No, those are the only two classes for the date OSUT starts for me. I don't know which one, but I know it will be one of them.

Your reservation docs will show your start dates including your 30th start date.

My reception start date is 20100412 and my bct start date is 20100416.
                  Actually, I just checked my reservation sheet and it says my my start date is 20100604... Good call on that one. Looks like I'll be there until 20100910 unless I'm "lucky" enough to get airborne. I guy can dream, right?!

Comment

Actually, I just checked my reservation sheet and it says my my start date is 20100604... Good call on that one. Looks like I'll be there until 20100910 unless I'm "lucky" enough to get airborne. I guy can dream, right?!
                    The start date on your reservation sheet is a rough draft, but it may not and probably won't be your school date. I stayed in AIT an extra three weeks in the beginning whacking weeds because I was a holdunder (waiting for class to start). It's kind of a crapshoot.

And to answer the OP's questions:

Yes, you'll have a graduation ceremony at the end of OSUT. They'll give you a nice sheet of paper with the date time and location of the ceremony so your mom can go to the ceremony.

It just seems you're looking ahead, focus right in front of you. You're worrying about the small stuff.

Comment

Just do your best and see what happens.

My graduation date is 20100723.... report for BAT... 20100723.. good thing I get a break... lol

Now, I guess that adds to my question. Which graduation is more pertinent for family, OSUT or Airborne?.. The only reason maybe Airborne is because it's immediately follwing OSUT. If it was delayed weeks or months I would say OSUT, but maybe not now.... argh.... lol

Comment

The start date on your reservation sheet is a rough draft, but it may not and probably won't be your school date. I stayed in AIT an extra three weeks in the beginning whacking weeds because I was a holdunder (waiting for class to start). It's kind of a crapshoot.

And to answer the OP's questions:

Yes, you'll have a graduation ceremony at the end of OSUT. They'll give you a nice sheet of paper with the date time and location of the ceremony so your mom can go to the ceremony.

It just seems you're looking ahead, focus right in front of you. You're worrying about the small stuff.
                        I'm 32 years old with a good head on my shoulders. I'm an IT guy, so I am very big on the details. Looking ahead only matters if you can't focus on the now... What I am doing is planning. Trying to take care of as much as possible for my wife and family before I leave so they don't have to.

Not to be too cocky, but I am not worried about OSUT in the least. Excited about the unknown and being physically and mentally pushed? Yes.. Worried about it? Not even close. 20 years of football and having coaches yell and tell me I suck even after doing what I thought was good job. Being QB is always fun... Team wins the game, QB loses it.
                        Last edited by azIce; March 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I stayed in AIT an extra three weeks in the beginning whacking weeds because I was a holdunder (waiting for class to start). It's kind of a crapshoot.
                          One of the plus-sides to being NG on Active orders is that the Army doesn't want to pay you any more than they have to, so NG got priority over Regular Army for our AIT class. In fact, my entire class was NG. The hold-unders absolutely hate it, too. Especially the prior service guys.

Comment

Just do your best and see what happens.

My graduation date is 20100723.... report for BAT... 20100723.. good thing I get a break... lol

Now, I guess that adds to my question. Which graduation is more pertinent for family, OSUT or Airborne?.. The only reason maybe Airborne is because it's immediately follwing OSUT. If it was delayed weeks or months I would say OSUT, but maybe not now.... argh.... lol
                            You just worry about making it thru. Don't worry about graduation until you are told you will graduate....that is all, drive on.....

F'n with you man...you may actually beat me there even though I have a feeling I will leave before you. Realistically I feel I will make it to the Batt around Jan-Feb...

I will be the old guy with the walker and shiny new set of wings....

Comment

Hey, I see A 2/58 on that pickup roster. That was MY company.

As for graduation, family is authorized to come down for your Turning Blue ceremony, and your actual graduation, as well as the 36 hour pass you may or may not get around week 11-ish depending on how much your DS hate you.

Comment

Working...
                              X