X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graduation Ceremony

I just graduated from Ft. Benning this past Friday. Your family is able to come down for Family Weekend Pass, which is around week 9 or 10. That is dependent upon you passing your APFT 4 with a 50% and you dont do anything else to screw up. Then the Thursday of your Turning Blue Ceremony and the Friday of your Graduation your family is obviously able to attend. And yes you graduating is dependent upon you completing all the required training. I.E.- Eagle Run, APFT 5, Completing the Bayonet...

Comment

My son is going to BCT next month but will not be attending AIT until after his senior year of high school.
      My question is this; will we (his family) be able to see him graduate from BCT or is graduation for 11B only after they finish AIT? My understanding is that 11B stay together for both BCT and AIT and I'm not sure if they actually have a BCT graduation or they just wait and have it after week 15 or 16 when they finish AIT.
      Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by matdad
        My son is going to BCT next month but will not be attending AIT until after his senior year of high school.
        My question is this; will we (his family) be able to see him graduate from BCT or is graduation for 11B only after they finish AIT? My understanding is that 11B stay together for both BCT and AIT and I'm not sure if they actually have a BCT graduation or they just wait and have it after week 15 or 16 when they finish AIT.
        Thanks in advance for your help.
        There will be 2 seperate ceremonies. When you're an OSUT soldier you go straight through with only one real "ceremony", even though they do get a pass on family day or weekend, and theres a little ceremony, if you want to call it that. But split option soldiers will have 2 seperate ceremonies... but if you're only planning on going to one... go the the AIT graduation....

For the soldiers here already worried about graduation... Try not to think that far ahead.. planning ahead is good, but theres such thing as too far ahead. "Don't worry about the 300 meter target if the 50 is still standing" Hooah? You'll find out soon enough lol

Comment

Working...
        X