X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 94F AIT- Ft. Gordon,GA

I go to Basic July 13, and will be heading to Ft. Gordon Oct 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by shortnsweet8
      I just had a bunch of little questions for him since it has been awhile since I have gone to any training.

I am sure it won't be bad, I just like to know what to expect! I have no idea when I will be shipping out because I still have not been able to get back in yet.
      It will be fine. If you're trying to prepare yourself then you will do fine.

Comment

well the papers say 25weeks its more like 17weeks or so. i just left from there yesterday. and yes it does suck... well the 94 series is getting new barracks, they should be moving into them around august 20th or so. im not sure how the life will be there at the new ones. i do know each platoon has its own day room and wash room. 1sg brown aka: soul snatcher.. he's a pretty cool guy. 94 echo's go to charile company. fox's romeo's and lima's mainly go to bravo company. i was a fox so i went to bravo... watch out from SSG Williams. You all are very lucky but yet not, you will be missing SSG. Burks. the pt is pretty good, well it was before 1st brown went to be a 1sg. just work on your running you will be doing a lot there. 3-5miles or friday for company runs. everything else about fort gordon just sucks. place is old and out dated. good thing about the new barracks is your A LOT closer to the PX, class 6 and the bowling alley, but now you are farther from the IET center. You have your own defacs there so no big line like i had... what else? oh yeah, you will not be marching to school either. all 94 series will have to do basic elec. training before course starts. pay attention, stay awake and get into course fast so you can get out of there. no one every had this kind of information for me... anything else? hit me up AIM= bransontr28121 or myspace: branson28

Comment

Originally posted by SC kid
          well the papers say 25weeks its more like 17weeks or so. i just left from there yesterday. and yes it does suck... well the 94 series is getting new barracks, they should be moving into them around august 20th or so. im not sure how the life will be there at the new ones. i do know each platoon has its own day room and wash room. 1sg brown aka: soul snatcher.. he's a pretty cool guy. 94 echo's go to charile company. fox's romeo's and lima's mainly go to bravo company. i was a fox so i went to bravo... watch out from SSG Williams. You all are very lucky but yet not, you will be missing SSG. Burks. the pt is pretty good, well it was before 1st brown went to be a 1sg. just work on your running you will be doing a lot there. 3-5miles or friday for company runs. everything else about fort gordon just sucks. place is old and out dated. good thing about the new barracks is your A LOT closer to the PX, class 6 and the bowling alley, but now you are farther from the IET center. You have your own defacs there so no big line like i had... what else? oh yeah, you will not be marching to school either. all 94 series will have to do basic elec. training before course starts. pay attention, stay awake and get into course fast so you can get out of there. no one every had this kind of information for me... anything else? hit me up AIM= bransontr28121 or myspace: branson28

Glad to see you made it out of there in 1 piece! I finally got back in 26 JUN as a 25B. I will still be going to Gordon though, don't ship till 21 JAN 10. Thanks for all your help though!

Comment

Originally posted by shortnsweet8
            Glad to see you made it out of there in 1 piece! I finally got back in 26 JUN as a 25B. I will still be going to Gordon though, don't ship till 21 JAN 10. Thanks for all your help though!
            we'll you aint gonna be in the bravo 73rd the best TRADOC company in the army

Comment

LOL nope. I'm sure the one I am in won't be too shabby though!

Comment

TRADOC and best don't belong together in a sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by OCSAllTheWay
                  TRADOC and best don't belong together in a sentence.
                  Agreed, kinda like second to none! None.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                    Agreed, kinda like second to none! None.

i would too, but that's what they say there.. i my self do not see it one bit!

Comment

Hey SC Kid, where are you now and who you are? I was at Fort Gordon too. 94F , 2nd platoon (Renegades Hooah!!) with SSG. Williams ( they got a new Sgt. now - SSG. Tachibana. SSG Williams is going to become an instructor). We moved into the new barracks in Sept. They are pretty cool.The company run has become harder with the new 1SG (1SG Herrera). I did my AIT in 19 weeks including BET.
                      New AIT soldiers be prepared. You'll be in phase IV the 2 first weeks (or until you pass the phase up test) doing a lot of "details". After passing the phase up test (PT test, chain of command, soldier's skills, creeds, etc) you'll have more free time, wear civies, get off-post pass on weekends. Also you can pass another phase up test to get a phase V+, that means no bed check on weekends, less hall guard (fire guard) and you can drive your POV. Good luck.

PV2 Montoya
                      Army National Guard
                      Charlotte, NC

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya
                        Hey SC Kid, where are you now and who you are? I was at Fort Gordon too. 94F , 2nd platoon (Renegades Hooah!!) with SSG. Williams ( they got a new Sgt. now - SSG. Tachibana. SSG Williams is going to become an instructor). We moved into the new barracks in Sept. They are pretty cool.The company run has become harder with the new 1SG (1SG Herrera). I did my AIT in 19 weeks including BET.
                        New AIT soldiers be prepared. You'll be in phase IV the 2 first weeks (or until you pass the phase up test) doing a lot of "details". After passing the phase up test (PT test, chain of command, soldier's skills, creeds, etc) you'll have more free time, wear civies, get off-post pass on weekends. Also you can pass another phase up test to get a phase V+, that means no bed check on weekends, less hall guard (fire guard) and you can drive your POV. Good luck.

PV2 Montoya
                        Army National Guard
                        Charlotte, NC
                        Montoya.. come on now man, its your squad leader.. ALLISON, how you been man?

Comment

hey everyone I'm going to Fort Gordon for 94F on 20100728 and i was wondering if anyone has been there recently and how it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulric114
                            hey everyone I'm going to Fort Gordon for 94F on 20100728 and i was wondering if anyone has been there recently and how it was.
                            I will be at WTC July 6th-Aug 18th. Soon after I will be joining you. You WILL still be there when I get there.....hehe.....25 week school....

Keep me posted. I will also be attending 94F AIT.
                            Last edited by KMANinTX; May 20th, 2010, 09:21 PM.

Comment

If you guys have any questions about Fort Gordon, lemme know. It's been about 4 years but I remember it well.

Comment

Originally posted by PalatialGabe
                                If you guys have any questions about Fort Gordon, lemme know. It's been about 4 years but I remember it well.
                                Were you there as an NCO?

Do I have to go thru all those phases they have? Do all students room together or do they seperate NCO's from junior enlisted?

I've also heard they have new barracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X