X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94F AIT- Ft. Gordon,GA

Can anyone give me some good info on 94F AIT at Fort Gordon? I've been reading a lot that people have their AIT become a lot longer due to a poorly run and over-booked system at Gordon.

Any other tips for AIT? I went to BCT about 5 years ago and have re-enlisted and will be shipping to AIT very soon.

i am a 94f at fort gordon, what do you want to know? you have to take a class called BET basic elec. training. fairly easy if your good in math. my course starts next week. i haven't heard what you heard. most folks are leaving out of here early. when are you coming? are you going to MOST?

Comment

Originally posted by SC kid
      i am a 94f at fort gordon, what do you want to know? you have to take a class called BET basic elec. training. fairly easy if your good in math. my course starts next week. i haven't heard what you heard. most folks are leaving out of here early. when are you coming? are you going to MOST?
      I don't know when I will be shipping since I am having difficulties getting back in the Guard (people at MEPS don't know how to tape for body fat%).

Since you are currently in the AIT environment, could I PM you some questions as I come up with them?

Comment

Originally posted by shortnsweet8
        I don't know when I will be shipping since I am having difficulties getting back in the Guard (people at MEPS don't know how to tape for body fat%).

Since you are currently in the AIT environment, could I PM you some questions as I come up with them?
        yeah of course you may do that!

Comment

Re: 94F AIT- Ft. Gordon,GA

May I also PM you with questions about Ft Gordon? I will be there after basic. I have found very little info about Ft Gordon online.

Comment

Info you need to know about Fort Gordon:

It sucks. Not because it's all hardcore and crap like that, just because of all the stupidity that seems to be there. Maybe it's changed in the 4 years since I was PP there (Yeah, imagine 13 months in an AIT soldier status then coming back after being overseas, lol).

As far as Augusta and the surrounding areas, there are some good places to go, you just have to not follow every other AIT student.

Comment

Originally posted by OCSAllTheWay
              Info you need to know about Fort Gordon:

It sucks. Not because it's all hardcore and crap like that, just because of all the stupidity that seems to be there.
              Um... What kind of answer is this? What's stupid/stupidity? What dose that mean? Training? People? Instructors? PT? What?

I'm curious to know too. Maybe you had a bad group?

edit--->>> I've not shipped to BCT yet and I know I'm going to Ft. Lee... But I'm still curious.

Comment

Originally posted by clyde
                Um... What kind of answer is this? What's stupid/stupidity? What dose that mean? Training? People? Instructors? PT? What?

I'm curious to know too. Maybe you had a bad group?

edit--->>> I've not shipped to BCT yet and I know I'm going to Ft. Lee... But I'm still curious.
                I agree Clyde. I would like to know more precisely why it "sucks".

I will say this as well: what "sucks" to one person may not to another. I am not into nightlife and partying and trying to get away from studies on the weekend. I rather enjoy studying all weekend. So the surrounding area as far as entertainment is no big deal to me as I may only go to a restaurant or two once in a while.

I am 94E which would be similar or at least close to 94F of this post, so I hope to find out some info on the courses and what to expect.

Comment

Eh, you'll see. Personally when I was AD I found my Japan assignment to be more fun than anything on Fort Gordon, mostly because of the atmosphere there. It's hard to explain, but one tangible thing I saw was the attitude taken towards getting any type of paperwork done after it moved beyond the company area.

Edit: I think one thing that kind of adds to the oddity of Fort Gordon is the whole fact it's a TRADOC post (which is why you're going, for AIT). Just don't be like a duck in the row and follow everyone to Washington Road. Like I said there are places to go (non-nightlife related) that are fun and not frequented by the AIT student population, but you have to get out and find them.
                  Last edited by OCSAllTheWay; May 27th, 2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OCSAllTheWay
                    Eh, you'll see.
                    Humph

thanks for elaborating on the flow of paper work! I'm sure we're all ready to go to Fort Gordon for AIT now At least we know it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by clyde
                      Humph

thanks for elaborating on the flow of paper work! I'm sure we're all ready to go to Fort Gordon for AIT now At least we know it sucks.

If at all possible for those going to AIT: Hope your school dates avoid the month of April. Master's week is bad on traffic and you won't be watching the tourney anyways. (As much as I love golf too)

Comment

I was talking with SC Kid for a while, and it doesn't seem like 94F AIT is all that bad. I haven't talked with him in a few weeks, so not sure what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by shortnsweet8
                          I was talking with SC Kid for a while, and it doesn't seem like 94F AIT is all that bad. I haven't talked with him in a few weeks, so not sure what happened.
                          I asked to PM him as well, but have not heard from him. I have another month to go so time is on my side.

Comment

It shouldn't be that bad of an AIT, you could do worse than Ft Gordon, but you could do better. 94F still 25 weeks? You should be able to spread your wings a bit more than other AIT students. I know for my AIT we had students move off-post.

Comment

I just had a bunch of little questions for him since it has been awhile since I have gone to any training.

I am sure it won't be bad, I just like to know what to expect! I have no idea when I will be shipping out because I still have not been able to get back in yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X